The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bringing back Cartel Packs so soon Makes it not worth saving to sell

HuaRya

While I think it's great people newer to the game get a chance to obtain some earlier cartel packs the bringing back of not so old ones makes the saving and selling of these items not really worth it.

Now if the goal of bringing back recent cartel packs is to ensure those items remain cheap on the GTN then mission accomplished. For those of us who store rare/collectable items until they can get a decent price then the effort was a waste of time.

Realize you might be discouraging your best cartel pack buyers from buying new packs because all they can do with the filler items is delete them or spend wasted hours selling and reposting these things hoping to get 2k-10k.

So Bioware should stop potential cartel market sales (real money) so you can make a huge pay day in game (fake money) on stuff you bought a long time ago? Or phrase "Depreciation of Market Value" was a definition that you missed on your economy 101 class back in high school?

Nope you missed my point and if you want a 101 economics analogy the Cartel Market by re-introducing old packs is making itself into a walmart with square bails of 200 per pack roll toilet paper instead of Nieman Marcus with Ski Goggles with Built in Camera. :D

None of this would be an issue if there were normal purchasing of cartel packs. However, I've noticed a crazy almost feverish scatch card mentality of purchasers based on the influx of cartel pack items showing up on the GTN moments the minimum bind time runs out of a newly introduced/ re-introduced pack.

These same people seem to be in a feverish rush to sell the cartel pack items at 40% below what the lowest priced item currently being sold on the GTN. Speculating on who these people are and why there are so many would be another post.

Frequent re-introducing of older packs keep the latter described practice going full tilt. Now if you excuse me I need to wipe.

And this practice keeps getting Bioware money, so I think you're missing the point here, that you are just a cartel coin buyer who doesn't have the testicular fortitude to compete in an open market and are blinded by Bioware's superior testicular fortitude to keep selling items in an open market. I hope you wore your "special snowflake" title today when you wrote that last post.

Nope you missed my point and if you want a 101 economics analogy the Cartel Market by re-introducing old packs is making itself into a walmart with square bails of 200 per pack roll toilet paper instead of Nieman Marcus with Ski Goggles with Built in Camera. :D

None of this would be an issue if there were normal purchasing of cartel packs. However, I've noticed a crazy almost feverish scatch card mentality of purchasers based on the influx of cartel pack items showing up on the GTN moments the minimum bind time runs out of a newly introduced/ re-introduced pack.

These same people seem to be in a feverish rush to sell the cartel pack items at 40% below what the lowest priced item currently being sold on the GTN. Speculating on who these people are and why there are so many would be another post.

Frequent re-introducing of older packs keep the latter described practice going full tilt. Now if you excuse me I need to wipe.

BW should implement a tax after an item was first sold to prevent flippers like the government implements for buying houses. A very high tax on top of the normal tax.