Oh look, ESO will have a cash shop too...

OddballEasyEight

This game will be around for awhile and will continue to make money but in the eyes of the world its still a failure.

This game has been ruined by people spending tons of money on the cartel market, it has basically left them in a position where they don't need to make quality content and don't have to worry about game population and all that because no matter what people buy that junk off the cartel market and they make more money doing that then they ever would trying to maintain a high sub count.

Yes. Ok. You are correct.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game will be around for awhile and will continue to make money but in the eyes of the world its still a failure.

This game has been ruined by people spending tons of money on the cartel market, it has basically left them in a position where they don't need to make quality content and don't have to worry about game population and all that because no matter what people buy that junk off the cartel market and they make more money doing that then they ever would trying to maintain a high sub count.

Yeah because if the devs weren't working on the CM they would be doing content. Oh no that's completely wrong, the developers would either be fired or moved to other BW projects that were making money. Well done for showing zero knowledge of how development actually works in big companies. Fact is with all the content that was in on day one, the sub count still dropped, yeah when they had just released eight story lines they subs were still dropping. That is because you can literally never produce enough content.

If you hate the game this much let your subs lapse and move to the newer MMOs that will be the messiah, ESO, Wildstar, are all coming. Of course each of those has its own problems, or will have, ESO has such appalling PvE early on the devs literally wrote a whole new way to level up, after that it becomes twitch based combat. As stated above want to buy or sell equipment you only have 300 players you can sell to and 1500 to buy from. No system is perfect by any means, ESO have realised even pre release that a cash shop is the way to make money.

Edited by cymonguk

You are kidding right?

Swtor was behind eve in subs when they claimed to be only behind wow and since then their subs have fallen greatly. This game isn't doing too hot at the moment. I don't know if you guys actually play this game or not but guilds struggles to maintain raid groups and pvp doesn't pop outside of peak hours along with GSF.

Face it, they are just going for cash grab at this point.

Lol. Not only is this post completely nonsensical, and comes from someone still paying to play the game...

But when wasn't this game, or any game, a cash grab? I have a little secret for you...don't tell anyone: games exist to make money. They aren't charity projects.

But don't tell anyone! We don't want anyone to know!

How dare games try to make money.

well with "Imperial Edition" pre-order spam I get 3 times a day yo my mail box and outragesly high price to get ESO I knew it will be cash grab game.

But rejoice brothers! you got an option.... EVE Online. so far running for 10 years and over 20+ free Expacs.

What is a cash grab game?

What is a cash grab game?

I think he means that the game intends to go for a burst CPS (cash per second) build rather than sustained :p

He's inferring that it's one of those games that will try to make as much money as possible short term with box sales, cash shop, pay walls plus the obligatory sub. I wouldn't be surprised if it's already their plan to go f2p within a year or whatever, and are using subs as merely another pay wall rather than as a vessel to actually provide the "enhanced experience that wouldn't be possible without subs" that they were touting when they announced the payment scheme.

I wouldn't put it past the execs of an MMO company to do that irrespective of the actual developers intentions.

Ah I love it. The doom and gloom posters that just go "looking for a cash grab" to imply they are failing hard and won't last another year. I remember seeing that 6 months before launch. I remember seeing that 2 months after launch. I remember seeing that a year after launch. I remember seeing that 2 years after launch. There is a pattern here which the ones who were disappointed with the game are following.

It's not going to die. It won't die anytime soon. It will be around for a VERY LONG time. That is just something you are going to have to accept no matter how disgruntled, angry OR upset you get.

Are the doom and gloom posters really disappointed? Or are they merely pretending to be disappointed? :eek: Edited by GalacticKegger

And yet people keep saying some posters are hired by bioware and nobody objects :rolleyes:
I have that intimate circle of gang bangers on ignore because of spiteful crap exactly like that. I link a Cornell study and out of the blue they go all mo and make it personal. Not even a topical disagreement, just a condescending "friendly" tip that accessing university brainpower merits their virulent castigation. Pity's a strong word, but that's what I feel for them.

God help us if any of those brainfarts ever make it to public office. We as a society are seriously screwed if that happens.

Edited by GalacticKegger

if you cant accept cash shops in mmorpg .like the vast majority have . its time to look again at the single player scene

A lot of which have a Multi-player mode, which have cash shops. Micro-transactions are the way to make money, and aren't going away.

And yet people keep saying some posters are hired by bioware and nobody objects :rolleyes:

They are slightly different.

One is making the accusation that Person X is the equivalent of a Wal-Mart greeter without the apron.

One is making the accusation that Person Y is a corporate ninja spy carrying out a clandestine operation to bring down the enemy... by posting rants on an anonymous internet forum? :cool:

Besides that. When people accuse Person X of "being a Bioware employee", what they are really saying is... "Person X may as well be a Bioware employee". It is an "insult" to their opinions, by inferring that they have all the credibility of advertising.

One is making the accusation that Person X is the equivalent of a Wal-Mart greeter without the apron.

One is making the accusation that Person Y is a corporate ninja spy carrying out a clandestine operation to bring down the enemy... by posting rants on an anonymous internet forum? :cool:

Besides that. When people accuse Person X of "being a Bioware employee", what they are really saying is... "Person X may as well be a Bioware employee". It is an "insult" to their opinions, by inferring that they have all the credibility of advertising.

It'd be nice if that was all anyone was saying, (and it certainly is what some posters mean,) but plenty of people are pretty much claiming that certain posters are genuinely employed by BioWare to do "astroturfing" on their behalf on these forums.

So in the end both instances boil down to:

"[Person] is getting paid by [company] to say [propaganda] about this game!"

So whether it's:

"[Hayardna] is getting paid by [bioWare] to say [good things] about this game"

or

"[KosmicCat] is getting paid by [blizzard] to say [bad things] about this game"

people really should be rolling their eyes just as hard at both claims.

Edited by DarthDymond

Actually no.

Both accusations are "you are paid by a company to spread the views we want on a forum".

Wether that is a positive one or negative one doesn't matter, it's still the same thing.

And it's still as childish to accuse someone of no matter which one it is.

These days any for-profit MMO or online game that refuses to offer a cash shop is at a sizeable disadvantage straight out of the gates. Artistic and purist-gamer ideals are nice and dandy but it's always been all about the greenbacks no matter what a development studio's PR says. A few artists and purist-gamers skipping a game or bemoaning corporate intrusions are vastly outweighed by cash shop revenue potential.

If some billionaire decided to privately fund an MMO for altruistic reasons then it would be a different matter.

Edited by Projawa

Actually no.

Both accusations are "you are paid by a company to spread the views we want on a forum".

Wether that is a positive one or negative one doesn't matter, it's still the same thing.

And it's still as childish to accuse someone of no matter which one it is.

Accusations? What accusations? No one accused anyone of anything. Who made that crap up? Edited by GalacticKegger

Last night on my thread thanking Bioware for this recent Double XP Weekend I was accused for the first time of working for Bioware.
Huh? So you compliment the host on a fun party and some punk kicks you in the balls for being polite? Out of curiosity, where did the opposing accusation come from? Another fabrication of twisted words? Damn riff raff has got to go. :mad: Edited by GalacticKegger