The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Costumization update: Single saber for Sentinels and Assassins.

Cosmetic unlock which will give Sents and Assassins a possibility to use single lightsaber in combat with appropriate animations and same stats as if wielding two blades or a saberstaff.

Oh man, if that was possible I'd so much roll a Sent or Assassin and not bother with them awful Guardian dps :D

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Cosmetic unlock which will give Sents and Assassins a possibility to use single lightsaber in combat with appropriate animations and same stats as if wielding two blades or a saberstaff.

Oh man, if that was possible I'd so much roll a Sent or Assassin and not bother with them awful Guardian dps :D

GRD DPS is awesome, thx very much Alec. :rak_03:

Not a bad idea tho. I hate the animations for dual saber on many sentinel moves.

Sorry but the Guardian and Juggernaut DPS is only about 100DPS behind the Marauder and Sentinel now. I'd hardly call it awful. And if you want a single saber wilding force user then it sounds like you should have gone with the Guardian or the Juggernaut instead of the Marauder/Sentinel

They need to remove the base higher damage from Assault Cannons and Sniper Rifles and merge that to the class itself so Snipers and Commandos can chose a Blaster Rifle model for cosmetics. :(

As far as shadows and sins, what would make more sense to ask for is one blade ignited on the dbl saber, like we saw Maul use in his first fight with Qui Gon on tatooine. That would be awesome. Then with the double bladed only animations, have it toggle the second blade on and off as needed...that would be sweet.

Hell no, there is other classes for that.

And Guardian DPS is little or no behind Sentinel DPS

One thing I would love is Sage possiblity to equip two focuses instead of saber and focus

I'd agree with a sorc or sage equipping to focuses as there isn't much point to the stat stick. If you know what you are doing you never use your melee attacks.

And yes, Juggernaut and Guardian DPS is still behind the Marauder / Sentinel, just not by much. It's close enough now that if you prefer a Juggernaut/Guardian there isn't any reason to choose the Marauder / Sentinel over them in operations aside from Inspiration/Bloodthirst.

I do have to ask, if you don't like duel bladed sabres, or duel sabres, why exactly did you pick said class? That's kinda like rolling a trooper and whining because you can't use a sniper rifle...

They are weapon styles specific to the AC, if you don't like them, well, there's a very simple solution. Make the one that actually does, don't try to make them chsnge the class for your sense of aesthetics into something that doesnt fit it.

Don't like two sabres, man up and be a jugg/guardian. Don't like the duel blade, then don't be a sin/shadow.

Myself, I don't like single sabres, therefore I haven't made a jugg/guardian/sage/sorc. I made something with the style I wanted, and I never once felt the need to demand they make it so the above mentioned could use a duel blade or double sabres so I could play them.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Why so much hate? Lore-wise there is absolutely no restriction imposed on the lightsaber used by Jedi / Sith of any specialization. In fact, most of the Assassins I know of were wielding a single blade, so.

Plenty of trash talk off topic. I see no reason why players couldn't enjoy the dynamic and challenging mechanics of Combat/Carnage or enjoy hit and run tactics of a Shadow/Assassin while carrying a single blade. Especially since devs mentioned during one of the cantina tours that it wouldn't be hard to implement, unlike the blaster-using classes.

The more customization - the merrier.

They've already made it hard to distinguish certain classes from one another by the addition of adaptive clothing. No one is asking for blasters for Jedi here.

Oh look. Sith Assassins in KotOR 2 - single saber. Mara Jade - single saber. Asajj Ventress - assassin who was dual wielding. Absolutely no restrictions on the blades lore-wise.

My main characters are Guardian / Juggernaut dpsers and Vengeance just gets boring, especially after two years, with such simple rotation.

Saying that "there are other classes for that" or "want single saber, go guardian" is like saying "want to wear trooper armor? go trooper".

I also see no reason not to let sages/sorcs become this sort of a Force master and let them absorb blaster bolts with their palms.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

They need to remove the base higher damage from Assault Cannons and Sniper Rifles and merge that to the class itself so Snipers and Commandos can chose a Blaster Rifle model for cosmetics. :(

How is a simple Rifle supposed to be as powerful as either Cannon or Sniper?

As for the suggestion, no please. Sents are sents, Sins are Sins and guards are guards. Let's leave it like that. Besides, guards aren't bad DPS-wise. It's that they are a) selfish(no inspiration etc) and b) kinda brutish(when compared to either sent or sin). Guess someone should've thought his choice of class a lil better. I love all 3, but the shadow/sin is at the top ofc.

About the sorc/sage suggestion: YES PLEASE!!! That glowing stick serves no purpose(unless you are like lvl 16 melee sage noob :p ) anyhow.

Edit: everything gets boring after two years lol. And yes, Dooku would've been an Assassin as well(madness spec?)-single Saber. Qui-Gon would pass for a shadow tank-one Saber. And no, Darth Maul was more of a Marauder(how could you miss those Ataru jumps/parries etc) than a sin-saberstaff and not a 2x Saber. You have a point.

Edited by Cuiwe

No, Cuiwe. Dooku would've been an entirely new class ;)

I'd love it an AC either for a consular or knight.

Jedi Duelist or Sith Challenger.

Makashi is so fancy! But Consular single saber animations ARE very elegant and fancy as well. Would fit them great to have a single saber for assassins and shadows.

No, Cuiwe. Dooku would've been an entirely new class ;)

I'd love it an AC either for a consular or knight.

Jedi Duelist or Sith Challenger.

Makashi is so fancy! But Consular single saber animations ARE very elegant and fancy as well. Would fit them great to have a single saber for assassins and shadows.

Sents are sents, sins are sins, guards are guards - but specialization doesn't restrict them from wielding weapons of choice. Bastila was a Sentinel, wasn't she?

Apparently, Jedi Shadows are also a branch of Sentinels ;]

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I do have to ask, if you don't like duel bladed sabres, or duel sabres, why exactly did you pick said class? That's kinda like rolling a trooper and whining because you can't use a sniper rifle...

They are weapon styles specific to the AC, if you don't like them, well, there's a very simple solution. Make the one that actually does, don't try to make them chsnge the class for your sense of aesthetics into something that doesnt fit it.

Don't like two sabres, man up and be a jugg/guardian. Don't like the duel blade, then don't be a sin/shadow.

Myself, I don't like single sabres, therefore I haven't made a jugg/guardian/sage/sorc. I made something with the style I wanted, and I never once felt the need to demand they make it so the above mentioned could use a duel blade or double sabres so I could play them.

Good lord.

"Dual" means two. "Duel" is an arranged combat between two individuals, with matched weapons in accordance with previously agreed rules.

As for the suggestion, no please. Sents are sents, Sins are Sins and guards are guards. Let's leave it like that. Besides, guards aren't bad DPS-wise. It's that they are a) selfish(no inspiration etc) and b) kinda brutish(when compared to either sent or sin). Guess someone should've thought his choice of class a lil better. I love all 3, but the shadow/sin is at the top ofc.

Except that Assassin's and Shadow's are at the literal bottom of the barrel in regard to DPS. They are so bad that no one wants to take them into progression operations for fear they'll hold the team back. They only excel in PvP because in PvP burst is often king. That's something that Assassin's and Shadows excel at, though their overall damage output still lags behind other burst classes. As for the rest of the comment you can't really compare fighting styles of characters in TV shows and movies to game mechanics. The game arbitrarily restricts and divides some abilities and animations up between classes in order to achieve balance and establish differences between those classes.

In Star Wars lore, the fighting style rarely has anything to do with the specific weapon excluding Niman/Jar'Kai style forms which employ two sabers specifically. But such a thing is an exception rather than the rule.

Edited by Spamfritter