The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Clone Troopers vs Republic Troopers

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh Clones fought against organic beings too ya know, need I remind of the Battle of Umbara? The Clones there seem to do just fine. Clones didn't really need to change anything there.

Not the best example Wolf... As I remember it Krell really ran the 501st through the meat grinder and Kenobi wasn't having any luck till fives and Hardcase got those fighters and removed the airbase. Granted they'd have done better without Krell but running up the road, then through the canyon really doesn't showcase their potential.

Why not add a bunch of Kaminoan cheerleaders, too? :p

Hehe, and a drunken Null. You'd have dead bodies everywhere and the Null will have a new cloak and necklace.

In all, If we consider Delta squad and Omega squad as well as Rex, Cody, Fives, the Nulls, the Alpha ARC troopers and Vau's commando squads (of which almost all survived intact well into the war) as a representation of the Clone SF and them compare them to Havoc (both iterations) and Jace Malcom, there isn't too much comparison.

As for average troopers the clones also blow away the Republic troopers imo.

Now the Imperial Troopers, those are some tough guys, I just think about Pierce (Pierce and a small band of troops alone held off an entire battalion killing a majority of them). Still, at the very least Clone Commandos did train live fire, and the Nulls where 2 years old when they started live-fire training and as kids they could scale buildings and fire blasters at Kaminoans, intentionally missing by the slimmest of margins. The Clone Wars animated series is kid-friendly so I don't think they'd ever show the "good guys" dying in training, but I suspect that before the war, when they didn't need troops so desperately they could afford live-fire to weed out the weak.

Edited by StarSquirrel

Not the best example Wolf... As I remember it Krell really ran the 501st through the meat grinder and Kenobi wasn't having any luck till fives and Hardcase got those fighters and removed the airbase. Granted they'd have done better without Krell but running up the road, then through the canyon really doesn't showcase their potential.

Well Krell was an *** so there's a factor in why it didn't go so well, but even still.

Nulls where 2 years old when they started live-fire training and as kids they could scale buildings and fire blasters at Kaminoans, intentionally missing by the slimmest of margins.

Among other awesome things! :p Such as perfect memory recall, taking down ARCs, being larger build wise compared to ARC/Commandos, etc etc

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

eidetic memory, advanced intelligence (math etc..), and yes physical superiority. All traits bred into them. Oh, and they are insane. Like a special kind of crazy that makes you juggle live explosives for kicks... :D

Not to mention being raised as Mandalorians by one of the absolute most firm believers in Mandalorian tradition to have ever existed and an elite soldier himself on a planet that raised soldiers for a living with some of the most fully-equipped training facilities in the galaxy.

Edited by StarSquirrel

Now the Imperial Troopers, those are some tough guys, I just think about Pierce (Pierce and a small band of troops alone held off an entire battalion killing a majority of them). Still, at the very least Clone Commandos did train live fire, and the Nulls where 2 years old when they started live-fire training and as kids they could scale buildings and fire blasters at Kaminoans, intentionally missing by the slimmest of margins. The Clone Wars animated series is kid-friendly so I don't think they'd ever show the "good guys" dying in training, but I suspect that before the war, when they didn't need troops so desperately they could afford live-fire to weed out the weak.
Yeah but Null troopers as you say were the most elite Clone Troopers created and I doubt there were any more than a handful of them in the Clone Army. They are not representative of the Clone Troopers as a whole. I highly doubt the other Clones underwent such extensive training.

All the Clones created before the war died during the war and were replaced, so again not really representative of the wider Clone Army which mainly if not totally consisted of Clones created during the war at its peak.

Heck even in the Clone Wars we mainly see the 501st and other elite units. But in the end, the standard clone troopers weren't that amazing and got shot down pretty quickly by lazy aiming B1 battle droids and the like.

Also consider the accelerated growth rate of the Clones, no Sith troopers did not start training as children. But a child Clone is far more advanced that a child human because its effectively half way through adulthood. But a decade of life experience and then 2-3 years of intensive training can certainly make up for that.