The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Clone Troopers vs Republic Troopers

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They got Havoc beat too. Clone SF > Republic SF.

Yeah. Though to be fair they've probably got pretty similar gear. Katarn-class armor can take a grenade hit but so did Jace's, though it was a bit worse for wear. And I'd put Havoc against, oh, Delta Squad, if it included the whole squad–Forex, Jorgan, Dorne, Yuun, and Vik–but I definitely think several of them would die. But if you put the Havocs against the Nulls? Nulls win.

Yeah. Though to be fair they've probably got pretty similar gear. Katarn-class armor can take a grenade hit but so did Jace's, though it was a bit worse for wear. And I'd put Havoc against, oh, Delta Squad, if it included the whole squad–Forex, Jorgan, Dorne, Yuun, and Vik–but I definitely think several of them would die. But if you put the Havocs against the Nulls? Nulls win.

I'm not sure Havoc squad has any kind of special equipment. Do they? Because Katarn armor has all kinds of things put into it.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I'm not sure Havoc squad has any kind of special equipment. Do they? Because Katarn armor has all kinds of things put into it.

No, but it seems just as sturdy (see again Jace surviving a grenade) or at least nearly as sturdy. And I'm sure the helmets have the basic amenities–360-degree field of view, rangefinder, etc. The only thing Deltas really have in advantage is their armor's shields, while Havocs only have their handheld shield generators in response.

They got Havoc beat too. Clone SF > Republic SF.

Then why in the movies do they make the clone troopers look like so incompetent? They can't shoot straight and are easily taken out by talented amateurs. In this game they make Havoc Squad look like a group of Rambo's on steroids.

No, but it seems just as sturdy (see again Jace surviving a grenade) or at least nearly as sturdy. And I'm sure the helmets have the basic amenities–360-degree field of view, rangefinder, etc. The only thing Deltas really have in advantage is their armor's shields, while Havocs only have their handheld shield generators in response.

Yeah but that was a concussion grenade, not so much explosive. Edit: Wait I see what you mean there.

Though it seems to me, Havoc just utlizied...Republic Trooper armor. Even says so on their page. There doesn't seem much detail in the way of equipment that they used.

Then again I guess we have to wait a little till we have more solid information.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I almost forgot about the prequels when they executed most the Jedi under order 66. They did seem pretty bad *** there. I guess by the time of Episode 4 they were all middle aged and shadows of their former selves. Edited by DARTHOSIRUS

Then why in the movies do they make the clone troopers look like so incompetent? They can't shoot straight and are easily taken out by talented amateurs. In this game they make Havoc Squad look like a group of Rambo's on steroids.

You're mixing up Stormtroopers and Clone Troopers, they aren't the same and really if Stormtroopers were shown as what they are suppose to be(as shown in other sources such as comics/novels) then the main characters would have died, given that duh they are the main characters they can't die so they are protected by plot.

Also the ones you're talking about aren't Special Forces anyway, Clone SF such as Clone Commandos, ARC and Nulls are all > to Republic SF.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Though it seems to me, Havoc just utlizied...Republic Trooper armor. Even says so on their page. There doesn't seem much detail in the way of equipment that they used.

Then again I guess we have to wait a little till we have more solid information.

True. Although I guess you could go with game mechanics and say that the endgame gear is the equivalent of Katarn armor. Leave the Oricon stuff out, though. It's just hideous. :p

You're mixing up Stormtroopers and Clone Troopers, they aren't the same and really if Stormtroopers were shown as what they are suppose to be(as shown in other sources such as comics/novels) then the main characters would have died, given that duh they are the main characters they can't die so they are protected by plot.

Also the ones you're talking about aren't Special Forces anyway, Clone SF such as Clone Commandos, ARC and Nulls are all > to Republic SF.

Ok I understand better now, and you are right about the main characters being protected by the plot.

True. Although I guess you could go with game mechanics and say that the endgame gear is the equivalent of Katarn armor. Leave the Oricon stuff out, though. It's just hideous. :p

No game mechanics! They no count!

Ok I understand better now, and you are right about the main characters being protected by the plot.

Welcome.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Rex would defeat Jace, wouldn't even come down to close combat. Rex is a great shot with his DC-17 blaster pistols, he would drop Jace before it ever even came down to close combat. Even in close combat, Rex effortlessly owned a BX commando droid avoiding the attacks(which were designed to be faster/stronger and having heavier armor than a battle droid) and defeating it H2H.

He also managed to beat a couple of others in close combat too and Rex is just a Clone Captain. Throw in a Commando, ARC or Null against Jace? Forget about it, he gets wrecked.

This is probably true lol, Rex is a ridiculously good shot. Every time some big bad turns up I'm look *gasp* a battle! *rises off seat*

pew

Oh, ok then *sits back down*

:D

Anyway considering Clones > Stormtroopers and Stormtroopers were Elite soldiers I'd say the Clones win no question. Remember that those folks you see with the cool armor are the elite, not the bread and butter.

The rest are just those padded grunts you see in the background.

Now, Clone Troopers vs Sith Troopers, that is a fight.

What makes you say that?
This:

The armies of the Sith Empire are a masterpiece of military ingenuity. Their training is as effective as it is efficient. Their equipment is second to none.

Few military forces in the galaxy can match the coordination, skill, and aggression of the Imperial infantry. Their many victories in battle are a testament to their rigorous training, which uses live-fire exercises in the most brutal of environments in the galaxy to transform eager recruits into lethal implements of the Emperor's will. These crack troops form the vanguard of the Empire's conquering forces, battling their foes with unmatched precision and ruthless determination.

And much like the clones they are training from a young age and for their entire lives. They challenged the Republic against the numerical odds and managed to keep from gaining a major victory for an entire decade of war.

The way I see it they take many of the advantages, if not all, of being trained "naturally" and being completely independent and capable of creative thought, as well as many of the advantages of elite and dedicated training. However what they have against the clones is a lifetime of experience, whereas clones have comparatively little.

This:

The armies of the Sith Empire are a masterpiece of military ingenuity. Their training is as effective as it is efficient. Their equipment is second to none.

Few military forces in the galaxy can match the coordination, skill, and aggression of the Imperial infantry. Their many victories in battle are a testament to their rigorous training, which uses live-fire exercises in the most brutal of environments in the galaxy to transform eager recruits into lethal implements of the Emperor's will. These crack troops form the vanguard of the Empire's conquering forces, battling their foes with unmatched precision and ruthless determination.

And much like the clones they are training from a young age and for their entire lives. They challenged the Republic against the numerical odds and managed to keep from gaining a major victory for an entire decade of war.

The way I see it they take many of the advantages, if not all, of being trained "naturally" and being completely independent and capable of creative thought, as well as many of the advantages of elite and dedicated training. However what they have against the clones is a lifetime of experience, whereas clones have comparatively little.

"…if the GAR were made up of average humans, you simply would not have a functioning army now. Clone troopers are optimized humans, and only two percent of the population could be as tough, resilient and aggressive as these men are."

―Mij Gilamar, on reports on clone troopers , because they were created for war, and bred for it.

Grown at an accelerated rate and raised in the laboratories and facilities of Kamino, the clone troopers were trained throughout the first ten years of their lives to become one of the most efficient military forces in galactic history. Bred for the sole purpose of combat.

See I can do that too. :p

Yeah sure the Sith Empire may have had an effective army back then compared to the OR one, but Clones....are different...though I would wager yes, the SE and OR would both make a fight out of it.

Drop in Delta Squad and a drunken Null. More than enough to kill anything that moves.

Lol funny.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

See I can do that too. :p

Yeah sure the Sith Empire may have had an effective army back then compared to the OR one, but Clones....are different...though I would wager yes, the SE and OR would both make a fight out of it.

The Sith Empire are that 2%, seriously.

I get the point though, but that is one advantage out of many I feel. Things like tactical ingenuity, battlefield experience and a superior training regime can make up for mere physical optimization.

Note though that later batches obviously didn't have as much training.

The Sith Empire are that 2%, seriously.

I get the point though, but that is one advantage out of many I feel. Things like tactical ingenuity, battlefield experience and a superior training regime can make up for mere physical optimization.

Note though that later batches obviously didn't have as much training.

Because Clones couldn't pick up those afore mentioned things while fighting? Though I think it's a stretch to say SE Troops have a superior training regime.

Though I think Aurbere has more stuff on the generality of the GAR.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Because Clones couldn't pick up those afore mentioned things while fighting? Though I think it's a stretch to say SE Troops have a superior training regime.
No more than the Sith Troopers I feel, who it should be noted were fighting organic targets much more akin to the clones whereas the clones themselves just fought battle droids. They'd have to completely rework their strategies.

And I think the do, the citizens of the Empire were enlisted into the military as soon as they came of age and probably already had rudimentary training before that, which is longer than the likely months the later batches of clones had in terms of training. On top of that while the clones were subject to virtual exercises in contained areas against simple-minded battle droids, the Imperials underwent live fire exercises in extremely hostile environments.

No more than the Sith Troopers I feel, who it should be noted were fighting organic targets much more akin to the clones whereas the clones themselves just fought battle droids. They'd have to completely rework their strategies.

And I think the do, the citizens of the Empire were enlisted into the military as soon as they came of age and probably already had rudimentary training before that, which is longer than the likely months the later batches of clones had in terms of training. On top of that while the clones were subject to virtual exercises in contained areas against simple-minded battle droids, the Imperials underwent live fire exercises in extremely hostile environments.

Uh Clones fought against organic beings too ya know, need I remind of the Battle of Umbara? The Clones there seem to do just fine. Clones didn't really need to change anything there.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi