The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New Lightsaber, An Old Design

Hi to all in the SWTOR community. :D

I was looking at some other forums and noticed that for suggestions, the ideas have to be of those that came before the SWTOR era so that the in game lore is correct. So I think I might have just the thing :D

I was thinking of a new lightsaber that could be added to the game. :wea_03:

The Protosaber also known as Archaic lightsaber - To some that will sound familiar, to some it will not.

Please view the link below

Now apparently the Protosaber was a version of the lightsaber in one of its earlier stages of creation. The lightsaber consists of its normal structure with the difference of the power source. The power source is in a small pack connected to the belt or the top of the arm. The power source and the lightsaber are connected by a thick but very flexible wire.

Also apparently the Rakata played some part in the design of the protosaber so perhaps that might help the developers with the naming - I figure something like:

Rakata Archaic Lightsaber

Feel free to add your own naming suggestions :)

The image in the link is not extremely detailed however it does get my point across regarding the elements of the lightsaber. but im sure the developers would find a way to incorporate the basic design into a design that works in-game.

I has an issue inserting the link as I had not done it before. if you click the link below. The Protosaber is the top picture followed by a small paragraph explaining the lightsaber

http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/forceusersinfo/archaiclightsaberlightclaws.html

The images and text from the website link are not mine, so thanks and full credit to the appropriate source

:ph_thank_you:

And saber throw would work... how? or for that matter dual-wielding.

Well there has to be some leeway for stuff like that.

I mean, currently if you have vibroswords you can still "throw" them (which in and of itself is wrong) and they'll look like lightsabers when doing that.

Also, here is a better link to explain protosabers and show pics of it: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Protosaber

Edited by OddballEasyEight

It would be a cool weapon to add in for a melee advanced class that doesn't utilize the force. I'd have trouble suspending disbelief for the saber throws. Not having animations for the Vibroblades and Gamorrean Axes I can deal with, because they can still be thrown, but a saber that is tethered to a power source could not, so it would be a little silly.