Augment Change Suggestion

AGSThomas

Only sink is price of adding augment sloths.

Augments and kits are only way player can make credits without grinding dailies non stop... and only reason crafting is still viable.

Take that out and only hardcore raiders will have money, so so raiders and casuals will have to grind at least 2 hours per day just to pay price of 1 bad OPs run / some GTN purchases or fluff ... or pay to credit sellers / buy with real money on CM to sell on GTN.

You want that?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only sink is price of adding augment sloths.

Augments and kits are only way player can make credits without grinding dailies non stop... and only reason crafting is still viable.

Take that out and only hardcore raiders will have money, so so raiders and casuals will have to grind at least 2 hours per day just to pay price of 1 bad OPs run / some GTN purchases or fluff ... or pay to credit sellers / buy with real money on CM to sell on GTN.

You want that?

Not really. One hardly needs to be "hardcore" to crush TFB. The cash from DF & DP pales in comparison to that one.

Otherwise, I mostly agree. Augments are good crafting sales.

Mk-9 kits are cheaper to buy than to make...they typically sell at a loss simply to get SOME money back and more than likely results of crits for small profit.

Strange, it's cheaper for me to make than to buy the kits. I actually am making money from the kits since I have tons of the mats to make them.

to help reduce the trillions of credits in circulation and the billions they dump in almost weekly.

same with repair costs, travel costs, 6% GTN commission, crafting missions costs, etc. All to reduce the money they dump in to balance growth with runaway inflation.

unless you want to be paying billions for items.

This is a great answer, thank you.

It makes sense that this is effectively a tax aimed at reducing the money supply (which I agree, needs to be taxed to fight inflation). My one major criticism is that all the other "taxes" are related to and offset activities that directly create credits:

Repair costs: incurred while questing / running ops (assessed afterwards, cost is inversely related to success)

Travel costs: incurred while questing / running dailies for credits and loot (assessed in advance, but small)

GTN commission: incurred while selling loot / craft items

Crafting mission costs: incurred while farming mats, which are usually sold directly or indirectly

These are all rather limited costs, and are directly offset by gains from the very activities they tax (on an ongoing basis). The augment installation fee, on the other hand is a) significant and b) upfront. If anything, it is confusing because it is effectively a gate on running ops / endgame.

If they really wanted to tax ops/endgame and control money supply, I would suggest other methods that don't create disincentives (e.g. as much I hate it, the cost of ripping mods is a necessary evil that indirectly taxes augments on an ongoing basis).

What do you RE to get the augmentation slot components?

Droid parts. Cheapest and easiest to make by far. Cost is 2/2/2, so for 20/20/20 you can RE enough to make a kit, and you get about half the mats back. Add in crits that give you two kits for the cost of 1 and you get pure win.

I get them mostly from the level 54 synth items, almost always get one or two per RE. I almost never get any from my Armstech, my armormech is a bit spotty, but get more than the arms.

Droid parts. Cheapest and easiest to make by far. Cost is 2/2/2, so for 20/20/20 you can RE enough to make a kit, and you get about half the mats back. Add in crits that give you two kits for the cost of 1 and you get pure win.

I'll need to try that, most of my droid part makers are doing slicing or making armors and mods of varying levels. Yes, I am that weirdo making blue/purple mods for low levels at times :p

Edited by ikinai

Strange, it's cheaper for me to make than to buy the kits. I actually am making money from the kits since I have tons of the mats to make them.

Are you gathering most of your mats, running missions for them, or buying them?

Different people do different things, and obviously it will affect the input price.

Are you gathering most of your mats, running missions for them, or buying them?

Different people do different things, and obviously it will affect the input price.

I am gathering and running missions all the time. I am rarely a buyer, unless it's something I can buy low and sell high ;)

Sometimes it's more profitable to sell the mats than make the kits and sell them. However, I also like to factor in how quickly things move.

Aug Kits move quickly for me. Any time I list a stack of 10, it's gone in a few hours. Sometimes the average Turadium price is high enough that I could make more money just selling it directly. But if I put up 3 stacks of Turadium they tend to take longer to sell than the final aug kits.

I'd rather make a smaller margin more frequently than a bigger margin less frequently.

Not really. One hardly needs to be "hardcore" to crush TFB. The cash from DF & DP pales in comparison to that one.

Otherwise, I mostly agree. Augments are good crafting sales.

You missing the point - crafting or grind (doing 4man TFB 16 for money is hard but also same form of grind as dailies)...

Removing augments mean only viable end game crafting is rading one - which is funded by mats and REs from OPs.

This is really debatable if it's Biowares part to do anything. For example, the expensive parts is the purple augment depending on your server. My server last time I checked a purple augment was around 100k-120k each, and a blue one was only 10k-20k or so. With only a four stats difference or around there, you could always get the blues first and earn the extreme amount of money you can get from raids and such. Or if you're part of a guild, there's bound to be some one who would give you them for free. I get my augments for free all the time.

Wile I saw people bring up that they can reduce the rare drop of the required mats, aside from that there's nothing Bioware can do. The price and value of the augment is based on the community and if you feel people unjustly price them, than buy the blues. And if that's also expensive on your server...You might just want to switch servers.

Cheaper way to craft MK-9 kits:

CT green droid parts (52 level) - per 1 kit you need 10 kit components = 10 parts (20 of each scavenging grade 9 mats white incl.) if you get your own mats per 1 kit you spend 18-25k.

Then Armormech on Trooper with Tano Vik on 10k + 3% legacy = 6 or 7 kits per 5 queued.

6 or 7 kits for 1 stack of each Scavenging mats...

Edited by morfius

I don't assume perfect distribution of crits. I actually run hundreds to thousands of missions to figure out my numbers. Unless the game has altered the crit rate on that mission since I last ran it, my actual results say that mission has a return rate that puts the cost of a Thermal Regulator right around the 20k mark.

If you want to run the Bountiful, knock yourself out. I do suggest, though, that if you do it, you track results to be sure it's as profitable as you think it should be.

if in fact you run "hundreds to thousands of missions" then your numbers should be roughly the same as the crit rate of 22% which means for every 100 missions run at 3890 credits each you should get 4*22=88 TRs (3890*100)/88=4420. The only way TRs cost 20k each is if your crit rate is somewhere in the neighborhood of 5%.

Edited by psandak

CT green droid parts (52 level) - per 1 kit you need 10 kit components = 10 parts (20 of each scavenging grade 9 mats white incl.) if you get your own mats per 1 kit you spend 18-25k.

Then Armormech on Trooper with Tano Vik on 10k + 3% legacy = 6 or 7 kits per 5 queued.

Thanks for this tip. I had been making the RE items on my Armormech which at 2/2/4 was stripping my Turadium supplies too fast. The droid parts are much better at 2/2/2/ so I'll use my Cybertech in future.

Thanks for the tip! The RE on droid parts was the one I was missing.

if in fact you run "hundreds to thousands of missions" then your numbers should be roughly the same as the crit rate of 22% which means for every 100 missions run at 3890 credits each you should get 4*22=88 TRs (3890*100)/88=4420. The only way TRs cost 20k each is if your crit rate is somewhere in the neighborhood of 5%.

Like I said, my actual results showed them at 20k after several hundred missions. I understand odds and RNG and statistics and such, but I still stopped running the Bountiful because regardless what I think the crit rate should be, actual results told me it was very, very different. It's as if I flipped a coin and it came up heads 75% of the time after 400 flips. I'll stop expecting 50% or find a new coin to flip.

But, again, if you find better results with the Bountiful, good for you. I just don't trust it based on my actual results.

Edited by DarthTHC

Thanks for this tip. I had been making the RE items on my Armormech which at 2/2/4 was stripping my Turadium supplies too fast. The droid parts are much better at 2/2/2/ so I'll use my Cybertech in future.

Even with 2/2/2 droid parts turadium supplies shrink faster than mythra for the simple fact that mythra is the default return on RE - you always get one mythra, but you only get turadium about 50% of the time. And I run "War-borne Wealth" for Tricopper flux every chance I get because you very rarely get them back.

Thanks for the tip! The RE on droid parts was the one I was missing.

Like I said, my actual results showed them at 20k after several hundred missions. I understand odds and RNG and statistics and such, but I still stopped running the Bountiful because regardless what I think the crit rate should be, actual results told me it was very, very different. It's as if I flipped a coin and it came up heads 75% of the time after 400 flips. I'll stop expecting 50% or find a new coin to flip.

But, again, if you find better results with the Bountiful, good for you. I just don't trust it based on my actual results.

WTW returns same % crits as Unslicible ... but on doubled price.

My calculation of price (over Unslicible) goes slightly bellow of 8K per TR... so even doubled it will be profitable (especially if you craft augments and put crits in calculation) but will cut your profit.

So I simply use it as filler when I get rare mission and receive 6 TRs, results above are away from exact equal distribution but yet I didn't seen difference between crit % of those 2 missions.

Edited by morfius