Accused of "stuinneling"?

Nemarus

So I was playing GSF last night and had a few TDM matches where I dominated pretty heavily in my Blackbolt (20+ kills).

A few minutes later, someone sent me a rather rude, profanity-filled /tell and warned me that I'd better "stop stuinneling" or else his entire guild would target me every match. I tried to reply, both in /tell and in mail, but the game said that player no longer existed.

I really don't know what he was accusing me of ... anyone have any ideas? Perhaps my use of Shield-to-Engine Converter, which allows me to boost longer than other ships, made him think I was cheating somehow? Is "stuinneling" a term anyone is familiar with? Or perhaps it was a typo of stunneling (not that I know what that means either)?

Anyway, I think at this point, most of my characters are targeted every match anyway--I'm fine with that. But I'm not fine with anyone thinking that I'm cheating. Heck, I feel like flying a Gunship and using Ion Railgun is cheating--I'd never resort to any kind of hack--not when my ego is so dependent on my GSF prowess :)

Regardless, whoever sent me the tell ... if you read this ... I'm sorry if I frustrated you. I invite you to hop onto Imperial side so we can talk about my builds and playstyle. I know that for new players especially, seeing a single pilot get a ton of kills and barely any deaths can be maddening, and it might seem like the only possible explanation is hacks. But I've been playing GSF since closed beta in October, and decades of space combat sims before that. And I wouldn't even say I'm the best on our server.

At the end of the day, what I want most is for everyone on our server to have fun with GSF. I play to win, and yes sometimes I play to show off ... but I would never cheat. And I am only to happy to share what I've learned and help other pilots with builds and tactics, in both factions (I fly Republic too, after all).

Thanks! :D

Sounds like you were accused of cheating, yes, although I can't imagine why. I've seen you fly. You look like a good pilot, not a cheater. If they had bad latency on their end though they could draw the wrong conclusion.

Sadly, if latency is a usual problem for them, GSF isn't the game for them. It would be impossible to hit anything.

So I was playing GSF last night and had a few TDM matches where I dominated pretty heavily in my Blackbolt (20+ kills).

A few minutes later, someone sent me a rather rude, profanity-filled /tell and warned me that I'd better "stop stuinneling" or else his entire guild would target me every match. I tried to reply, both in /tell and in mail, but the game said that player no longer existed.

I really don't know what he was accusing me of ... anyone have any ideas? Perhaps my use of Shield-to-Engine Converter, which allows me to boost longer than other ships, made him think I was cheating somehow? Is "stuinneling" a term anyone is familiar with? Or perhaps it was a typo of stunneling (not that I know what that means either)?

Anyway, I think at this point, most of my characters are targeted every match anyway--I'm fine with that. But I'm not fine with anyone thinking that I'm cheating. Heck, I feel like flying a Gunship and using Ion Railgun is cheating--I'd never resort to any kind of hack--not when my ego is so dependent on my GSF prowess :)

Regardless, whoever sent me the tell ... if you read this ... I'm sorry if I frustrated you. I invite you to hop onto Imperial side so we can talk about my builds and playstyle. I know that for new players especially, seeing a single pilot get a ton of kills and barely any deaths can be maddening, and it might seem like the only possible explanation is hacks. But I've been playing GSF since closed beta in October, and decades of space combat sims before that. And I wouldn't even say I'm the best on our server.

At the end of the day, what I want most is for everyone on our server to have fun with GSF. I play to win, and yes sometimes I play to show off ... but I would never cheat. And I am only to happy to share what I've learned and help other pilots with builds and tactics, in both factions (I fly Republic too, after all).

Thanks! :D

You're stuinneling every match I ever saw you in. It's obviously gamer speak for kicking butt. And just think if they all start targeting you its less distance you have to fly to kill them.

Your ego is big enough, go fly a Nova for a while.

Blackbolt (i.e. Imperial mirror of NovaDrive) is primarily all I fly in TDM (like 95% of the time) ... and the ship I get the most kills and damage in. Once I master it, I'll probably switch things up some more ... though not a NovaDrive. :) I run an Imperial GSF guild!

Blackbolt (i.e. Imperial mirror of NovaDrive) is primarily all I fly in TDM (like 95% of the time) ... and the ship I get the most kills and damage in. Once I master it, I'll probably switch things up some more ... though not a NovaDrive. :) I run an Imperial GSF guild!

Thank you, I am aware that you run Imperial. The implication of Nova was to say "Go switch to Republic side and run there for a while, so that you might learn some modesty and humility."

Thank you, I am aware that you run Imperial. The implication of Nova was to say "Go switch to Republic side and run there for a while, so that you might learn some modesty and humility."

Right, because our server doesn't have five Republic aces for every single Imperial one.

And I did play Republic almost exclusively in the first two months of GSF (as Nemarus) and mastered almost all his ships. It was only when I saw the massive faction imbalance that I decided to switch sides and build up <Eclipse Squadron> to create better parity.

I'd say that things are pretty good right now. Each side has a reasonable chance of winning.

As for modesty, I am happy to let my performance speak for itself--except when I'm accused of hacks/cheating. And even then, my response isn't "how dare you" (despite being called some pretty heinous things by my mysterious accuser). My response is "Let's talk so I can explain how I play and give you some tips."

Right, because our server doesn't have five Republic aces for every single Imperial one.

And I did play Republic almost exclusively in the first two months of GSF (as Nemarus) and mastered almost all his ships. It was only when I saw the massive faction imbalance that I decided to switch sides and build up <Eclipse Squadron> to create better parity.

I'd say that things are pretty good right now. Each side has a reasonable chance of winning.

As for modesty, I am happy to let my performance speak for itself--except when I'm accused of hacks/cheating. And even then, my response isn't "how dare you" (despite being called some pretty heinous things by my mysterious accuser). My response is "Let's talk so I can explain how I play and give you some tips."

My comments on modesty and humility are largely in response to the way that you phrase things in your text, which being text means that it can always be misconstrued in its tone which is something I try to take into account (mostly) when I am typing something.

Your performance may or may not speak for itself, I've never ran with or against you so I cannot and will not be the judge; however, you do enough speaking (text, whatever) on your performance to drown out anything that it would have to say. In most posts that you make regarding GSF you're quick to point out your statistics and prowess and regardless of your willingness to be helpful to you peers, or trying to bring some competitive balance. That #@$#@ is annoying, in my personal opinion. Please take this as just a friendly observation.

My comments on modesty and humility are largely in response to the way that you phrase things in your text, which being text means that it can always be misconstrued in its tone which is something I try to take into account (mostly) when I am typing something.

Your performance may or may not speak for itself, I've never ran with or against you so I cannot and will not be the judge; however, you do enough speaking (text, whatever) on your performance to drown out anything that it would have to say. In most posts that you make regarding GSF you're quick to point out your statistics and prowess and regardless of your willingness to be helpful to you peers, or trying to bring some competitive balance. That #@$#@ is annoying, in my personal opinion. Please take this as just a friendly observation.

Observation noted.

For my own "friendly observation", I note that you have a lot to say about GSF for someone that confessed to not having played hardly at all since 2.6 dropped. I don't recall seeing either of the names in your sig in GSF, and I play every day. Maybe you play GSF as a different character? I do ... Shayd's 55 and his ships are all mastered, so I do most of my GSFing on a low-level alt to level him up.

Or maybe we just play at very different times.

Either way, I am sorry if my occasional posting of numbers to give context around the point of my post annoys you.

Observation noted.

For my own "friendly observation", I note that you have a lot to say about GSF for someone that confessed to not having played hardly at all since 2.6 dropped. I don't recall seeing either of the names in your sig in GSF, and I play every day. Maybe you play GSF as a different character? I do ... Shayd's 55 and his ships are all mastered, so I do most of my GSFing on a low-level alt to level him up.

Or maybe we just play at very different times.

Either way, I am sorry if my occasional posting of numbers to give context around the point of my post annoys you.

As mentioned in a previous thread you and I do run at very different times, hence why we've never seen each other (at least on our known-named toons) at the same time. I've actively tried to queue at different times in hopes that I might be able to play against some of the better Imperial targets but it never seems to work out (I hardly see Delphi or Rainous anymore, since I stopped playing with major frequency).

I typically play 1900 to 2300 EST but of late my focus has been on Ground PvP so I queue GSF just enough to fulfill my daily/weekly requirement on low-level toons for the XP. Please, take everything I say with a grain of salt; as it is simply an opinion from a single player who likely does not run near the amount that you do and is largely an opinion formed from text-based interaction and observation on the community forum.

As mentioned in a previous thread you and I do run at very different times, hence why we've never seen each other (at least on our known-named toons) at the same time. I've actively tried to queue at different times in hopes that I might be able to play against some of the better Imperial targets but it never seems to work out (I hardly see Delphi or Rainous anymore, since I stopped playing with major frequency).

I typically play 1900 to 2300 EST but of late my focus has been on Ground PvP so I queue GSF just enough to fulfill my daily/weekly requirement on low-level toons for the XP. Please, take everything I say with a grain of salt; as it is simply an opinion from a single player who likely does not run near the amount that you do and is largely an opinion formed from text-based interaction and observation on the community forum.

No worries :)

*forum hug*

I freely admit that, when it comes to GSF, I let my ego run a little wild. I've played a lot of video games in my life, and apart from GSF and Smash Bros., I've never felt that I was really "one of the best" at any particular game. And when I entered a Smash tournament at PAX one year, a Korean kid showed me how not-good-at-all I really was.

So yeah, I cling to my GSF skill a bit ... but any posting of scores I do is in good competitive spirit (this is PvP after all), and not some attempt to lord over anyone.

And hey, it's not like I'm the one with threads declaring me the "Queen of Space". :p

This week I may be a bit more scarce while I'm off getting my butt kicked in Titanfall.

*forum hug*

I freely admit that, when it comes to GSF, I let my ego run a little wild. I've played a lot of video games in my life, and apart from GSF and Smash Bros., I've never felt that I was really "one of the best" at any particular game. And when I entered a Smash tournament at PAX one year, a Korean kid showed me how not-good-at-all I really was.

So yeah, I cling to my GSF skill a bit ... but any posting of scores I do is in good competitive spirit (this is PvP after all), and not some attempt to lord over anyone.

And hey, it's not like I'm the one with threads declaring me the "Queen of Space". :p

This week I may be a bit more scarce while I'm off getting my butt kicked in Titanfall.

I'll nominate you for "Queen of Space" ;)

(edited my sig for you <3 )

Edited by knghtmar

I'll second that motion!

Anyway, no, no, no, you gotta break it down even further.

S.T.U.I.N.N.E.L-ing.

Saving Those Ubiquitous Imperial Noobs Needing Essential Lessons.

Meaning you carried your team again and you need to let your fellow Imperials take their lumps instead of being handed a win!

*forum hug*

....................the #$%& is a forum hug!? =/ Is this a new kind of technology? I WANT IT.

I've played a lot of video games in my life, and apart from GSF and Smash Bros., I've never felt that I was really "one of the best" at any particular game. And when I entered a Smash tournament at PAX one year, a Korean kid showed me how not-good-at-all I really was.

Truth be known, Shayd, if we Ebon Hawk aces ever encountered a team of Koreans on GSF, we would probably all die.

Edited by QuinMantha

Truth be known, Shayd, if we Ebon Hawk aces ever encountered a team of Koreans on GSF, we would probably all die.

Koreans

even after a losing battle... though if history repeats itself, they'd all run bombers and gunships.

(Context: Guild Wars Factions world championship semifinals with koreans (red) abusing broken mechanics and americans (blue) pulling out strategies people had otherwise never, ever considered to be viable... and pulling off a win with it, because they didn't care if they won the championships as long as they had fun.)

Edited by Armonddd