Bioware forgot to include the first M in MMO...Massive

admriker

Cancelled my sub today.. I HATE shareding... I just hate it. I will be around 25 more days.. That much I give this game my time, but I am not ready to pay for a single player game with IRC. Too bad, since without sharding and some more open world, this would be exellent game.

Back to EVE =)

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess if you didn't play in the beta or read anything about this game I would give you a pass.

GOING INTO THIS GAME I expected a single player game that is online and I can play with a few friends. Nothing more nothing less. I played Pre CU SWG loved it played Darkfall Loved it. This game is not those. Do not cry and complain that it is not unless you did zero research if that is the case I apologize and continue complaining.

Can I get some numbers on the non-subscribers or past ones that have left the game due to shards?

-IamKiller

If I was expecting a single player game that you can play online with a few friends like you describe, I wouldn't expect to also pay $15/month.

I'll just have to wait and see how things balance out over the next month or so. There are definitely people online but it does seem kind of quiet at times.

Cancelled my sub today.. I HATE shareding... I just hate it. I will be around 25 more days.. That much I give this game my time, but I am not ready to pay for a single player game with IRC. Too bad, since without sharding and some more open world, this would be exellent game.

Back to EVE =)

Same I just cancled my account tonite as well. Ill stick around to my sub ends maybe.

Back to EVE =)

You uh gave it a whole 4 days huh.... /facepalm

Dude look if you read on the main page of the website we are currently posting on it says MMORPG not singleplayer with online play. If it did i would not have spent 70 bucks on the game let alone waited on it for 4 years

If you have been following this game for 4 years then you didn't read anything, game was explained even with videos to help those who cant read.....pluuuuezzzz

Uh.

I happen across people all the time. The sharding limit appears to be around 150-160 players. Just FYI, that's enough people to crash a WoW server if they ever actually get into fighting. You want to know why WoW introduced battlegrounds?

It was because their server crashed and lagged to hell every single time a large group of people started fighting.

If you have been following this game for 4 years then you didn't read anything, game was explained even with videos to help those who cant read.....pluuuuezzzz

Ive been following this game for 5 years counting down the days. Played in 3 beta weekends. I never knew anything about sharding. Inever heard it mentioned once anywhere. This is a single player game. Who in there right mind would pay 15$ a month for a single player game with some multiplayer here and there.

This game was never marketed as a single player experience with online abilities, it was marketed as a MMORPG. Yes Bioware said you'd be your own hero, and have your own story, but they said it would contain MMO properties. multi-sharding everything is not helping anything, especially PVP servers. I've not read every article, nor watch every developer video, but I was still under the impression that I would see s **** ton of people in the game when I logged on. your defense force is shinning blindly.

You uh gave it a whole 4 days huh.... /facepalm

The feeling that this game-world has, and the apparent direction that BW is going is not going to change after 4 days.

They have had years to make this MMO and it is lacking fundamental things:

1. No community. No server forums and sharding

2. No guild functionality. NONE, just chat. How can there be no guild functions at all? Embarrassing.

3. PvP servers don't feel like PvP servers

4. Open worlds/planets. The worlds feel like they were built for a single player game.

I run into so many people I end up inviting people so we all get credit for the needed quest mob kill. I also see people asking for groups in general for world bosses, flashpoints, heroic quests, standard quests etc. I honestly do not see a problem with how it is set up.

Oh and if you invite someone and they are in a different phase they can just click and come to your phase. It only takes a second.

I'm kind of in the middle of this disagreement if you exclude the monthly fee.

Sadly since there is a fee I'm going to have to defend the OP.

Keeping in mind several notes:

- I'm on a lighter server

- Game is only a few days old

- I'm currently playing later at night due to xmas work hours

My Argument:

The game itself is absolutely amazing and I love it even with its many minor flaws however the sharding feature is trully ruining it for me now.

I may not have participated in the days of UO or EQ but I played WoW for 6 years and the ONLY thing I enjoy about wow after 6 years is the fact that I can see and be around people and not just talk to them through a chatbox.

The fact that I can /emote and show off RP Gear and have small RP-like events. (Mammoth trains in dal? Showing of old legendaries?) were things I found fun.

I enjoy the sight of seeing maybe 15-25 ppl standing by the AH selling stuff while I randomly inspect their gear and acheivments.

And this argument for "waiting for respawns suck" Why not just, you know, reduce the time it takes to respawn?

Honestly if I wanted to play a game that I could group up with maybe 4-5 ppl at a time while being able to chat with others through a chatbox only I'd go play Diablo 2 for free.

The game needs to have a strong feeling of community not just an active chatbox.

Edited by Nireme

Uh.

I happen across people all the time. The sharding limit appears to be around 150-160 players. Just FYI, that's enough people to crash a WoW server if they ever actually get into fighting. You want to know why WoW introduced battlegrounds?

It was because their server crashed and lagged to hell every single time a large group of people started fighting.

That's completely false. Some peoples' game clients may have lagged though, but not the server. I was in many of these groups with over 100 people on the screen and never experienced what you describe.

That's completely false. Some peoples' game clients may have lagged though, but not the server. I was in many of these groups with over 100 people on the screen and never experienced what you describe.

Your wrong man. I never seen more than a handful of ppl on any planet ever.

I run into so many people I end up inviting people so we all get credit for the needed quest mob kill. I also see people asking for groups in general for world bosses, flashpoints, heroic quests, standard quests etc. I honestly do not see a problem with how it is set up.

Oh and if you invite someone and they are in a different phase they can just click and come to your phase. It only takes a second.

I like you you forgot that his post is about getting rid of shards. You are making my point for me. I shouldn't have to join that shard to begin with. We should all be on the same plane of existence.

Edited by McAvinue

WG was 100v100 and crashed the entire wotlk server every single time it filled until they instanced :p atleast on my server it did.

I had a big topic like this I started but it has been shut down for hours by a mod as they go through it and clean it up. Im watchng the topic as they clean it. Already droped from 22 pages down to 9 lol.

I can picture some bored mod trying to waste time and make it look like hes working. As he pretends to clean the topic up.

Edited by TheMove

I had a big topic like this I started but it has been shut down for hours by a mod as they go through it and clean it up. Im watchng the topic as they clean it. Already droped from 22 pages down to 9 lol.

I can picture some bored mod trying to waste time and make it look like hes working. As he pretends to clean the topic up.

Honestly anyone that quits 4 days after launch will never ever be happy in any game....Dont even tell me you tried all the content all the way to the end...and remember there is really never going to be an end as they add more content per there launch video

Edited by Jeedaix

and do you know the concept of an MMO ?

I know what an instance is and theyre fine for a dungeon. But for entire zones, even planets ??? that will never be okay with the mmo community.

Don't assume you talk for the MMO community because you are a member to a few forums where you all cackle like women at lunchbreak.

AoC did not die because of sharding ... it was never the issue or cause - AoC died to the fact it was a poor game, rushed out with so many issues it was just laughable how anyone could even release such garbage. It was dead upon release. Embarrassing really.

Sharding (instancing) is a brilliant concept - it reduces stress on hardware, software, server, client - which for me as a player is brilliant. The worst thing for me playing a video game on-line - is stuttering, lagging - something slowing the performance of my network, my game etc down - hindering my experience of enjoyment.

I know you are all still there - I seriously really don't need to see a million people questing - I really don't. When I do need you for heroics, operations, flashpoints people are still there. And if I really have to see you - I can either A) TP to the instance you guys are in or B) Just type in general chat to talk to you - I really really don't see the problem - but maybe I am just a old un-sociable git who doesn't understand the MMO part ... /shrugs

Now, I am going to go there - GW2 will fail horribly because they don't realise what their "innovate" ideas is going todo to the masses, sitting at home with their copper-wired "superfast" broadband and "pro gaming rigs" from best buy ... and it's the casual masses paying for the games - not some minority rp *** or emo MEMEMEME generation or a die hard [enter any game] fan.

And it will be a shame because GW2 looks really interesting.

This is quite possibly the stupidest thread i have seen since i started using the Internet, which was over 13 years ago... Whoever has a problem with the population of the game, PLEASE, stop playing right now, Bioware is not going to change anything for you, the people complaining about how this feels more like a single player game than an MMO are a minority, i think they need to go back to WoW, over there you won't have sharding problems, leave these forums to people that want to make the game better. And don't tell me that you want to make the game better because what you are asking for is entirely subjective, to you seeing an overload of people in one area is great but to another person it may be horrible. The bottom line, you guys fail, and you will not get what you want.