Should I be this squishy?

Cor_Vandar

I just hit 35th-level on my vigilance guardian and over the last three levels or so, I've noticed that the character is getting extremely squishy. I used to be able to solo elites pretty easily but even on Balmorra against the colicoid stingers, I was struggling to kill one before I dropped. The character was decked out in all comm mods at 33rd in adaptive custom armour and although the implants and earpiece are 29th level, they're all artifacts and appropriate to the build, as are the mods. The same goes for the companion, Kira.

I'm now in a 31st-level Heroic 2+ at 35 and I can't even take on three mobs (two silver and a gold) at once without dying. I'm using every available power and ability, saber ward, force push to interrupt, the interrupt kick, stasis, I have biochem with strength/power buff and medpacs and yet I am dying all the time.

I consider myself an OK player. Not great, but I know MMO's and I know enough to do well in most cases. So is this really how squishy DPS guardians are or could there be issues with adaptive armour or is there a known bug with this?

I just hit 35th-level on my vigilance guardian and over the last three levels or so, I've noticed that the character is getting extremely squishy. I used to be able to solo elites pretty easily but even on Balmorra against the colicoid stingers, I was struggling to kill one before I dropped. The character was decked out in all comm mods at 33rd in adaptive custom armour and although the implants and earpiece are 29th level, they're all artifacts and appropriate to the build, as are the mods. The same goes for the companion, Kira.

I'm now in a 31st-level Heroic 2+ at 35 and I can't even take on three mobs (two silver and a gold) at once without dying. I'm using every available power and ability, saber ward, force push to interrupt, the interrupt kick, stasis, I have biochem with strength/power buff and medpacs and yet I am dying all the time.

I consider myself an OK player. Not great, but I know MMO's and I know enough to do well in most cases. So is this really how squishy DPS guardians are or could there be issues with adaptive armour or is there a known bug with this?

First off, the Stingers are some of the toughest elite mobs for their level in the game, so take performance against them with a grain of salt. And from now on no class or spec can take on a gold and two silvers without dying unless they have end game gear or can mez at least one of the mobs for the majority of the fight, so it sounds like things are about correct for you. You will still be able to easily complete all non-heroic quests solo and will still be able to easily solo all class quests solo. Realize too that at 45 and 46 you have another jump in power when you max your primary tree and get dispatch and also at 42 when you get Awe.

Edited by Vodrin

A heroic 2+ does not count your companion, it means you and another player. Yes there are some that are easier then others, and yes healers or hybrids can definitely solo heroic 2+ and many of the heroic 4+, but that is because they have the ability to lockout one elite for 60 seconds every 60 seconds. They usually have a good beefy tank cc and good dps output themselves. As a guardian 2 silvers and a gold elite is a lot to ask to solo, you are not meant to solo that.