Rage's not so secret dueling tournament

OhhRage

@NvrShoutNvr lol, thanks. :p

Parts 2 and 3 are up. Turned out pretty good. Lots of buzz already with positive comments.

It'd be really fun to get the practice matches, then the qualifying matches, then the tourny and put it up on screen X vs Y round whatever/do over/etc. so everyone could follow along like an official eSport would do it...

So as we plan the next one I think we aught to schedule practice/qualifying to lead into the bracket. Then we have a complete loser bracket, and a winner bracket, then the top person on loser bracket has to play top person on winner bracket for the finale. It'd be a much smaller pool for the big night, but we'd get to see all our favorites essentially battle twice, and that way the best can't potentially get knocked out right off the bat. :(

There's still be tons of good pre-battles because the qualifiers would be huge.

Then on the back end we come up with tons of achievements like "no cell" and "no stance" "no stealth"

I think we should have a heal bracket too, but maybe much much smaller. Like the heal bracket would take place during half times. 1 heal match per half time..

Something like that.

I really really hope we can duel in these new houses. That would be freaking sick for practice/qualifiers. Round 1, FIGHT! :D Each house would be a different stage. Everyone could do their house up to look like a ****** place to fight at. :)

Edited by siegeshot

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you still do those dueling events mallo? Would be an awesome time for practice

yea dude. I was thinking more people would have come to the last one... even tho it was a bit last minute. Ill try to set up another one here soon. with this duelin tourney maybe ill get some more interest.

yea dude. I was thinking more people would have come to the last one... even tho it was a bit last minute. Ill try to set up another one here soon. with this duelin tourney maybe ill get some more interest.

Yup I've got plenty of work to do. I'd definetly be interested if I can attend, my schedule is crazy lately.

Yup I've got plenty of work to do. I'd definetly be interested if I can attend, my schedule is crazy lately.

we just need some more people I guess. Shink and saggy always come out and random guilds attend. I kind of wanted people to use it not as a way of saying haha im better than you in a 1v1 but to actually have fun and improve on your class. unfortunately not enough people use the forums.

we just need some more people I guess. Shink and saggy always come out and random guilds attend. I kind of wanted people to use it not as a way of saying haha im better than you in a 1v1 but to actually have fun and improve on your class. unfortunately not enough people use the forums.

I'm a better 1v1er than you, I dont need a tournament to tell me that. Plus I wouldn't want to embarrass you in front of all your friends =P

Unless its same class/spec theres not much bragging rights saying "I'm better at 1v1s than you"

Yeah I find that i do better without the pressure of competition, because I can try different things or just try to see what the other players doing. I've only been playing the spec for a month so I'd love to come up with some new ideas for classes. teut was a big help and do was secret fit helping me out with classes I'm usually uncomfortable with.

If you want to draw more attention, use the Gen chats on both sides before you start events.

You'll get more attention from there, only the same small handful of players use the forums.