Make Treek shut up

sdjonsson

90% of this problem would be resolved if they would just make companions stop chattering every time you get off your vehicle.

It wasn't always like this and only got changed when they introduced a bug years ago that didn't call your companion when you dismounted.

It looks like what they did was instead of actually fixing that bug, they trigger the "manual" companion summon code when you dismount.

Companions have always chattered when you specifically call them, but they never used to do it when you dismounted until this change happened.

Now when you dismount, the game treats it exactly like you've gone to the companion window and summoned them.

Because that bug is probably buried pretty deeply, they could mitigate its impact by adding a dice-roll to the companion summon code.

So anytime your companion appears, they've got something of like a 10% chance of chattering but otherwise they'd remain silent.

I disagree...I love treek. Think she sounds awesome and just like an ewok should. If you dont like treek don't use her. But don't ruin her for others. Try different suggestions that won't ruin her for others, for example; maybe Bioware could include an option to mute companions. But making treek 'shut up' is not an option.

I don't have an issue with her to be honest, her healing performance is good enough that i can look past the shallow opinion of her annoying voice.

As others have said, if you want to use her, then use her, but stop complaining about the voice which really isn't as annoying as you are making out to be, she is the best companion in the whole game, you can be any alignment and she doesn't ***** about your conversation choices....which is a VERY huge bonus for me, since the others are so freaking limiting and also Treek's AoE abilities do not affect any CC'ed enemies, while the other companions' AoEs do.....its a easy and simple choice.

How about removing the retarded-bear-looking-character instead? The shame of the originals movies - the ewoks. Ruined an entire movie. Make Jar-jar seem DECENT. No, actually, it makes him funny. And believe me, I'd love to see him suffer. But the ewoks are just... it's another level of horribleness. Of strangeness. Or sadness. Or every horrible ness you can find, or create. Literally.

Stoneage teddy-bears killing elite soldiers and defeating them in combat. Yay. It was fine when I was 12, now it makes me die inside. Literally, again.

Whenever I see someone using Treek, I suspect that

a) that the user is above 40 and suffers from critical nostalgia.

b) that the user is below 12 years old and find teddy bears cute.

Idk which you are, but it's for certain that Treek shouldn't even be in the game. It's like the ****ty-girl outfits all the boys in their early teens like. Remove it, PLS. Of course I ignore most of you in game because you look like

a) sh*t

or

b) Ho*kers

Just saying. Stop using Treek and be a damn man!

And Bioware. Stop making retarded bear- companions and get us something decent! Or nothing at all, thanks.

Edited by Leaveshill