The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Running Solo as AP

Salakast

Those who solo the easier endgame group content-do you go with the standard 8/36/2 spec?

I was just looking at the overall damage buff from taking Iron Fist, 8% boost to rocket punch is only around a 0.8-0.9% overall damage increase (I think:confused:). For such content would it be worth dropping those two for something to increase durability a bit from the ST tree (Combust or Rebraced Armour perhaps:rak_02:)

Just interested in what other folk do and if anyone strays from the norm 8/36/2 and if so how?

Ta y'all

Those who solo the easier endgame group content-do you go with the standard 8/36/2 spec?

I was just looking at the overall damage buff from taking Iron Fist, 8% boost to rocket punch is only around a 0.8-0.9% overall damage increase (I think:confused:). For such content would it be worth dropping those two for something to increase durability a bit from the ST tree (Combust or Rebraced Armour perhaps:rak_02:)

Just interested in what other folk do and if anyone strays from the norm 8/36/2 and if so how?

Ta y'all

Probably going 10/36/0 is better if you are trying to solo heroics (taking rebraced armor). I generally run 8/36/2 cuz it kills mobs slightly faster. TBH, even Oricon mobs can be burned in mix of 58/61 gear, so survivability is not an issue. I also easily solo the heroic there in PvP gear and 72 MH and 78 OH.

I'd suggest putting the last 2 in combust, as it gives you a 5% damage reduction from anything hit by flame burst/flame sweep . Granted in heavy armor that 5% is probably closer to a 3.5% damage reduction, but if you can get the debuff up its better than any other defensive talents.

Its also nice to put points in that talent if you have no annihilation marauders and the tanks are double jugg, as it means they still get the 5% debuff (I sometimes run a pyro build of 10/8/28 when its double jugg tanks because of this)

Edited by TACeMossie