The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

SWTOR Abilities in the Star Wars Films

Okay, so obviously this is slightly obvious as most of the SWTOR ability animations like Soresu Form, etc are derived from the style of fighting in the films and various abilities. However, tonight for the first time I noticed something I thought might be worth sharing for people who hadn't noticed it. If you want feel free to post other occasions when SWTOR abilities are used in the films here too. (I know that sounds like the movies copy SWTOR, but that's by no means what I'm implying, stupid phrasing!)

The occasion I'm talking about now is during the Obi Wan VS Qui Gon VS Darth Maul fight. When trapped in the ray shields, they begin to recuperate. You can see it pretty clearly here: http://youtu.be/w42nD3vfUZ0?t=2m46s

Obviously, Introspection's animation is derived from basic meditation, but Maul's movements here are identical to the movements made while performing Seethe as an Inquisitor. I just found it to be a nice little thing to see, and wonder if that's where the SWTOR devs derived the animation from. Call me stupid, I just felt like sharing. :p

Okay, so obviously this is slightly obvious as most of the SWTOR ability animations like Soresu Form, etc are derived from the style of fighting in the films and various abilities. However, tonight for the first time I noticed something I thought might be worth sharing for people who hadn't noticed it. If you want feel free to post other occasions when SWTOR abilities are used in the films here too. (I know that sounds like the movies copy SWTOR, but that's by no means what I'm implying, stupid phrasing!)

The occasion I'm talking about now is during the Obi Wan VS Qui Gon VS Darth Maul fight. When trapped in the ray shields, they begin to recuperate. You can see it pretty clearly here: http://youtu.be/w42nD3vfUZ0?t=2m46s

Obviously, Introspection's animation is derived from basic meditation, but Maul's movements here are identical to the movements made while performing Seethe as an Inquisitor. I just found it to be a nice little thing to see, and wonder if that's where the SWTOR devs derived the animation from. Call me stupid, I just felt like sharing. :p

I'm pretty sure they did use them as templates for the animations ingame :)

its always nice to see conections from gane to movies, give you a bit more of joy and makes you feel closer to the games sometimes or thinking of your character helping someone in the movie like along side them