The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Different colored Lighting

I saw a vid on youtube about the different colors of Lighting. One that caught my eye was green. So I was wondering if we could add something that lets you change the color of any Lighting move. Like Blue, Purple, Green, Red, and Black. Thank you for your time and keep up the good work Bioware.

I saw a vid on youtube about the different colors of Lighting. One that caught my eye was green. So I was wondering if we could add something that lets you change the color of any Lighting move. Like Blue, Purple, Green, Red, and Black. Thank you for your time and keep up the good work Bioware.

You might want to look at my proposal, for alternate animations for consular junk and pebbles here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=718365

In that thread we talk about how EAWare could easily roll out alternate animations, including different colored lightning, as optional, purchaseable cartel items, a few for each class. They have done things like "Kick the Hutt Ball", which is a case where the same skill gets a different look, for the cartel market already. In addition, remember this game was built on the idea of making identical skill and then slapping different animations on top of them in order to mirror the classes and reduce BWs work load and balance problems. So it just seems to make sense that alternate animations, or adding them, is kind of already inherent in the games design.

Most of the animations in the game are very good, but some are just inappropriate and poor (like the junk and pebbles) and some are considered as overused (lightning) by others. The green lightning however, has a VERY specific place in SW lore, as it is known as Electric Judgment or Emerald Fire. It is a JEDI version of lightning, or facsimile, but it is NOT sith lightning...it is considered different, fundamentally.

There is a precedent for red, as Darth Nihilus used it I believe. Black would be too hard to see in things like pvp, I would imagine...the other colors I am not sure about. Check out the SW wiki if you want more info on Electric Judgment .

Then I want differently coloured rocks for my Sage, too !

Again, check out my other proposal thread, we can do better than rocks, junk and pebbles :)

You can have mud, dirt, gravel, sand or leafes would that be fine? :p

Well, those all would fit into the craptasm of earth shaman WoW kiddie reject that the current junk, rocks, and pebbles immediately bring to mind, and frankly, is an excellent commentary on the joke, pathetic nature of those animations and the image they are providing for what should be the PREMIER sci fi hero class of Jedi that any MMO has ever seen....but instead we are stuck with the junk, rocks and pebbles as a very lame joke in terrible taste.

Hence my proposal for alternate animations :)

Edited by Dyvim