The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

A fix for SWTOR Screenshots

Akurei_Part_Two

So my guildies were talking a couple raids back about how they wish PrintScrn was more reliable at taking screenshots within SWTOR. Some people have the issue some don't, the issue appears and vanishes seemingly at random and so on. But suffice to say they were tired of awesome moments not being captured when they believed they had been.

So I whipped up a little App like my CrewSkill Master program. Only this one just handles screenshots.

Presenting "Holocron"

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t31/1495217_10152266929516800_643125152_o.jpg

Holocron is a simple .NET form application designed to help fix a long running issue with SWTOR. Currently hitting PrintScreen seems to be a bit of a crapshoot for myself and many friends when it comes to getting screen caps from in game. Holocron fixes this problem by doing the work, instead of the game. Simply speak "Screenshot" while Holocron is running and it will capture whatever is on the screen. The UI itself acts as a thumbnail viewer for any pictures captured by Holocron. Clicking any of those thumbnails will load it into your systems default image viewer.

Hopefully people find this helpful :D

(I've included all source with this for anyone that wishes to tweak/add things)

Holocron Codeplex Page

Download Page

I just use the free version of Fraps to take screen shots. Works just fine.

I use it as well, but it just saved them as .BMP files. And that's a LOT of HD space wasted.

So, every few months I just .zip them into a nice, small package. The screenshots made through Fraps.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

I use it as well, but it just saved them as .BMP files. And that's a LOT of HD space wasted.

So, every few months I just .zip them into a nice, small package. The screenshots made through Fraps.

I have a BMP to JPG converter (which I downloaded for free) that automatically converts the BMP files to JPG. You can control the quality of the JPGs created. It works great and is really fast.