The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Take of the hood.

Nahsti

Hello All,

Quick Intro: I'm a pretty new player fight now haven't even reached a week so far, so if you don't want to hear any 'I want's' from a newb feel free to leave, also I have not explored the whole game yet! so I may even suggest things that are already in the game, so please just ignore it if I do, no need to flame last time I checked I wasn't on those pathetic Blizzard Forums....

Okay first of all, as said above I'm not even a week into SWTOR, and man..... this is the best MMORPG game and experience I've ever had. PERIOD! the voice acting in ALL area's of the game, brilliant!, it took me almost 6 hours to get my first character to level 10 with the plus 25% Exp for 3 hours I purchased twice from the Cartel, which I don't mind that was me exploring, still did not get bored of it! I got all my characters to level 10-13, I am totally amazed with this game, I instantly subbed for 2 months and bought a pretty big amount of Cartel Coins before I had even logged into the game!! regrets so far? none.... I'll be planting my skinny little pateet on my lounge and playing for quite some time! in all honesty this game blew WoW out of the scene for me! I haven't logged onto it since I've played SWTOR and I bought a 6 month sub the other day for it!! I've only hoped on the ESO beta to see what that was like, there is no comparison to SWTOR anywhere in the gaming world that I have found.

REMINDER: There is only so many things to can put into a game for customization, and yes alot of other MMORPG's have them implemented into there features, but don't think about my suggestions as an idea from another game you've played, these are strictly off what I would like in a Star Wars Universe. Just pretend SIMS is the only game you've ever played ;)

So through the minimum searching around and playing I've done I've come up with some things I'd like to share of what I, myself and only me would like added, and these are all just personal though! and no way am I trying to push WoW features or any other game features into SWTOR, these are just suggestions of what I would like :)

1: A personal hub, I don't mean like WoW's up coming garrison, I mean an apartment on corrusant or a bounty hunter VIP room etc etc

2: Wardrobe, not like WoW's transmogrification, but like a DATA collection, E.G: by accessing my PC system in my private hub, I can choose from a collection of gear sets I would like to wear over my current equipment, this comes as a key thing for RPing alone! we love it, if I was to suggest another way, it would be like RIFT's version how you just drag the item you want to be seen into the slot and VAH-MOOSH! I've seen some of the level 55 PvP sets and they're kinda lame, let us do our own thing please!! <3 <3

3: Hoods/Robes: Okay one thing that is annoying the heck out of me is the Hood/Helmet thing, with some robes if you don't show your helm, you show your hood from your armour, we don't want this! I want to show off my haircuts and horns! gives us a feature to show our helmet and hoods when we want! genius I know!

4: Hoods/Hair: :hope_05: as lot of you may have seen, when you have your helmet not showing and you have a hood on all that time in character creation means nothing, you can't see your hair! you're just a bald doll head, add some hair into it for the certain styles/colours we have setup in the first place, a fringe near the eyes or hair down the sides would be great!

5: Recognition: :sy_spacestation: Keep your mind open! don't categorize this! but, Guild/Rep/Race insignia! I'm not talking about just tabards, emblems on shoulder pieces of our armour, the old samurai styled warbanners on our back, even a torn piece of material hanging from our but to our front on our left leg showing our pride to our social networks and hard work ingame

6: Paint: as you all know paint is such a basic thing for us, but in the Star Wars Universe we don't have paint lying around, but if we did, I'd have guild/rep insignia/decals all over my fighter jet! my fighter jet would end up HOT PINK!! eventually! these little things count! of course as you know Armies hold the same colour so they don't shoot each other on accident, so a little restriction would be expected

7: Explanation: I've seen that in the Cartel Market there's bundles and such for sale that have and do... well I don't know! they say what they have in them but no explanation of what that item does or where it is equip, e.g: The speeder explanation on when you can use it, is jibberish, I can unlock something at level 10 but can't use it to 20? or something like that? very confusing, we need a total break down on things, and with professions, I went and picked up Biochem, I don't know what it does at all, don't know what the other ones do either! there was no breakdown I got a quest to go learn one than talk to the trainer..... how was I suppose to know which one I would like to do?

8: Direction: :wea_13: things need to be simplified in our big space stations, for the vets it's easy to get around, but umm yeah I know how to go pick my level 10 spec than stand at the PvP vendors and where some ships are..

9: Movement Speed: okay as you know at level 10 you get sprint! SPRINT: Adds 35% movement speed outside of combat, which is nice and yes we all know subs get it at level 1 :D like me! :p but the thing I've noticed so far at my level 1-13 stage is Jedi/Sith as terrible with movement in combat, just slow slow slow! I charge in on my Sentinel and start smashing a bounty hunter, than some magic bullet sends me 40 meters backwards and I'm at square one running in slow-mo while they bring the rain, and of course for them it's nice but so far I've got no speed to keep up with them at all, running low on HP and only getting focused by one Melee? just use your Charge like ability to move to another enemy than run out of range to heal, if you can get far enough at such a low speed, but atleast that first attacker is going to have trouble catching up after a genius move! again only been level 1-13 with different classes and haven't seen anything that helps yet within my abilities book, if there is something at higher level please just comment NICELY ;) below

10: Forgiveness: do not hate on me because of this noob post! with Love!

Nahsti... xoxo

<(^,^)>

you can find me on, Prophecy of the Five. :rak_03:

7: Explanation: I've seen that in the Cartel Market there's bundles and such for sale that have and do... well I don't know! they say what they have in them but no explanation of what that item does or where it is equip, e.g: The speeder explanation on when you can use it, is jibberish, I can unlock something at level 10 but can't use it to 20? or something like that? very confusing, we need a total break down on things, and with professions, I went and picked up Biochem, I don't know what it does at all, don't know what the other ones do either! there was no breakdown I got a quest to go learn one than talk to the trainer..... how was I suppose to know which one I would like to do?

On the subject of crew skills, every time you clicked on a trainer that skill was added to your Codex. You were notified every time it happened. If you clicked on the notification, you found a rather lengthy description that also went into what other skills are complementary. Slow down and RTFM.

If you're Biochem, you want Bioanalysis and Diplomacy to go with it, but you should really look this up in your Codex.

I learned this game strictly by trial and error and using Codex/Tutorial entries (until endgame, when I had to ask for some information), so I know that there are plenty of explanations available all through the game, if only you're willing to slow down a bit and read them.

Codex ? Ofen your mission logbook, then at the bottom, very well hidden, there are 3 tabs. One should read "Codex".

Besides, shouldn't it read "take off the hood" ? I'm not that much interested in correct writing, but that was something I had had a hard time learning myself ...

Codex ? Ofen your mission logbook, then at the bottom, very well hidden, there are 3 tabs. One should read "Codex".

Besides, shouldn't it read "take off the hood" ? I'm not that much interested in correct writing, but that was something I had had a hard time learning myself ...

yes yes it was, but I was tired when I wrote this my apologies, I'm a biggy on spelling and grammar but I never double check my work like the teachers always told me too :p

And I never knew how to read my codex

Besides, shouldn't it read "Open your mission logbook..." :D

Just teasing - I hate grammar police......;)