Debuffs broken

Mikla

EMP burst seems horribly broken - debuff hits about 50% of the time. Similarly the engine debuff on concussion missiles and sabotage probes rarely seems to work despite a successful hit (damage numbers fly off). Anyone else having similarly problems. This is not a lag issue as the missiles hit and the targets are well within range both before and after the EMP pulse, the debuffs simply dont get applied.

It IS lag, i'm pretty sure.

EMP-Field, Interdiction Drive and similar debuffs are completely unreliable against moving targets, because the stupid game engine does not recognize them as within range. Especially when you or your opponents are using afterburners.

For the same reason will all those new system abilities coming with the new ships be complety unreliable, too.

Edit:

Just saw, you also mentioned sab probes don't work, too. If this is really true, then it can't be lag.

Edited by Sindariel

I use fully upgraded Concussion Missiles on my Quell with the Engine draining upgrade, and there have been a few times that the missile hits, the damage hits, but the debuff isn't applied. Sometimes I wonder if the debuff did apply, but it just wasn't showing up on my HUD. Either way, it seems a bit buggy.

Debuff icons may not appear properly for targets on the Targeting Computer when attacking multiple ships with the same debuff-applying weapon. Note that these debuff effects are still being applied to enemy ships properly.

This is one of the known issues. I wonder if this explains the EMP sometimes not showing a debuff on your target because it can hit multiple people.

I have had this same problem on the emp burst and missle and even sab probe I thought it was the lag like with the missle lock sometimes breaking when it says they are in range and they are not but at 1k range emp blasted a guy and sab probed him and first thing he done was barrel off in a gun ship and I was 1k off him and watched it all fire and hit but no effect