Lightsaber Knockback Ability

Greenbeen

Dear BW will we ever see that lightsaber knockback ability for Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior that we saw in early combat and class trailers. This is the ability that looks like a sort of baseball swing which knocks players up in the air and knocks them back (we see sith and jedi npcs use it on us). I know mechanics-wise this ability is hard to implement but I was wondering if I could get a yes or no on whether we will get to use this ability in the future. I really like the ability and think it looks amazing so I hope you do include it in the future.

No they can't. They can only use force push as knockback and the last ability on tank spec very slightly.knocks weak enemies to the floor. It's not.the ability that I'm talking about which knocks them up in the air and far away Edited by Greenbeen

No they can't. They can only use force push as knockback and the last ability on tank spec very slightly.knocks weak enemies to the floor. It's not.the ability that I'm talking about which knocks them up in the air and far away

While the existing Force Push isn't exactly what you're describing, it's so close mechanically that adding a whole new ability that does basically the exact same thing doesn't make a lot of sense. The main difference would be how far up into the air they fly, and honestly pop-up abilities like that can be pathing nightmares in MMOs.

I think the best we can hope for is if they start releasing "Ability Customizations" that change the look of existing abilities (make different colors for Force Lightning for example) as a few people have been asking for in the Suggestion forum, that they'll release a "reskin" of Force Push that makes it visually into a Lightsaber "home run swing".

Edited by DarthDymond