Newbie Marauder and confused

DTRO

Hello everyone ,

I just rolled a marauder as my new toon.

Leveling up from 1-10 whent easy , only now im struggling with a good rotation i run out of rage real quick.

And im confused with wat attacks i should use en when.

I played other classes and didnt have any trouble with them , but i would like to learn to play this one too.

Can anyone give me a good rotation for lvl 10-20 and maybe some point allocation in the carnage tree?

I already looked at Dulfy's site but all the rotations there are lvl 50-55 and on google i only find outdated sites from 2011.

Thanks for the reply's in advance

Hello everyone ,

I just rolled a marauder as my new toon.

Leveling up from 1-10 whent easy , only now im struggling with a good rotation i run out of rage real quick.

And im confused with wat attacks i should use en when.

I played other classes and didnt have any trouble with them , but i would like to learn to play this one too.

Can anyone give me a good rotation for lvl 10-20 and maybe some point allocation in the carnage tree?

I already looked at Dulfy's site but all the rotations there are lvl 50-55 and on google i only find outdated sites from 2011.

Thanks for the reply's in advance

Until 40-50 lvl you will not be able to feel the all power of Carnage (Until you get Gore and Massacre).

Execute procs is not very often, therefore for leveling until 40-50 lvl, use Anni or Rage spec.

Ok thanks for the reply's ,

I didnt know that annihilation is the better spec for leveling , i thought carnage burst damage it will help kill enemy's quicker.

Also because im dutch , i dont understand all the words and terms correctly.

And with games like this one that can be a real pain sometimes.

So if i understand correctly , go annihilation until 40's respec to carnage then?

And is there a good rage management rotaton until lvl 20's for annihilation?

Or does it not matter at all?

I didnt know that annihilation is the better spec for leveling , i thought carnage burst damage it will help kill enemy's quicker.

So if i understand correctly , go annihilation until 40's respec to carnage then?

If you really wanna go swimming in the rage, just go rage spec. Using Berserk in Rage Spec massively ups your rage, and it also buffs your smash (great for burst damage in PvE. Though the PvP aspect of this AoE is being removed)

Annihilation has better rage management, and is probably the nicest to level, but it has issues with ramp-up times, so fights with adds will take longer than they should, though fights with bosses should be easy.

Carnage has almost no burst until level 30. At level 30, you get gore, which provides 4.5 seconds of 100% armor pen, every 14 seconds (this equates to about a 30% damage boost during its uptime). However, Gore isn't that strong until level 41 (minimum), where you get a proc that brings Gore off cooldown every 20 seconds - so you basically get 9 seconds of uptime of the buff every 20 seconds from 4.5 every 14 (total uptime increase of 40% if the procs are nice) - and its unreliable until level 45 where you get Massacre to up your chance of getting Gore.

And rage... Rage, as said before, has so many resources half the time you dont know what to spend it on. I'd suggest following this method for leveling in rage:

Level 10-22: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100ZZfMMkb.3

Level 23-24: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bZZfMMkb.3

Level 25-44: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bZZfrMkbGkRfc.3

Level 45-55: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bcZhMZfrMkbGkRffz.3

Yeah its complicated cause prior to 45 you need the fury buffs for decent shockwave stack uptime.

Just go Annihilation and call it a day. Rage hits hard because all you do is spam smash when it's off cool down. Carnage is boring in my opinion and is the most used. It parses well once you learn the mechanics of the tree. People complain about Annihilation having a build up and that is partly true since it's not front loaded with burst damage but once you build up your Juyo stacks and Annihilator you burst damage ramps nicely. Anni takes some skill to play but the return is worth it.