The Begeren Colony Ranked Arena Draft

NvrShoutNvr

Hi :)

I tried getting this going back when ranked 8v8's were a thing, but not many people seemed interested. Since 4's are on an obviously smaller scale, I'm hoping to actually get a turnout this time.

Please be sure to read the entirety of this post before posting any kind of responses, as your questions are most likely already answered somewhere in this novel of a thread.

The draft will be held on Wednesday, March 19th and the actual event will be taking place on Saturday, March 29th. This gives our team captains more than enough time to work with the team they've assembled and work on a solid strategy. Points records will be taken starting at 7pm Pacific standard time. any time stamp recorded before this time will not be given credit for the win. More info on the points system and time stamps is given below.

But before we get into any of that technical stuff, why should you even bother playing?

Because money is what makes the world go 'round, baby :cool:

Each person entering this event will submit a 10k fee to their entry. The winning team will take everyone's entry fee, divided amongst the 4 of them. The more people that enter, the bigger the prize pool! so spread the word!

This tournament will not be based on any kind of elimination, but rather on a points system. We take our drafted teams, go at it in group 4's for a few hours, and whoever has the most points at the end of the night is the winner of the event.

What dictates our points?

the points that you earn throughout the night are determined as such;

a 2-0 victory gives your team 4 points.

a 2-1 victory gives your team 3 points.

a 1-2 loss gives your team 2 points.

and a 0-2 loss gives your team 1 point.

How are we supposed to keep track of our points?

the team captain is solely responsible for keeping track of each and every match that his/her team plays. At the end of each match, the team captain will screen cap and send the .jpg to my email address, which will be given to each team captain at a later time. A time stamp will also be required, similar to how the PvP records thread is kept.

You cannot snip any parts of the screen out. the date and the time on your mini-map must be in plain view or your team will not be given credit for the played match.

YOUR TEAM WILL NOT BE GIVEN CREDIT FOR A MATCH IF A SCREEN CAP FOLLOWING THE PROVIDED FORMAT IS NOT PRESENTED BY THE TEAM CAPTAIN. I will be following this rule very strictly and 0 exceptions will be given.

Who decides the team captains?

It's obviously not a good idea to pick fresh 55 joe-nobody to be a captain, as no one will want to play for him. I will decided the best candidates out of the pool of entries, and contact them to offer them the spot. If they don't want it, the next available entry will be offered, and so on.

How is the draft going to work?

This draft is going to be held snake style. If you get the 1st pick in the 1st round, you get the last pick in the 2nd round, 1st pick in the 3rd round, so on and so forth. This will continue until all of our entries are placed on a team.

The draft will be held live for everyone to see on my twitch stream. I will be joined by all the team captains in mumble and we will sort through the entry pool to decide the teams. Draft orders will be decided by a simple /roll luck of the draw.

Are there any restrictions on what class/spec I can play?

Absolutely not. there are certain rules for the team captains regarding draft choices that will be covered on a later topic down below. But for you the player, feel free to play whatever class you want.

So how do I enter?

Everyone entering this tournament will be following this format:

Character name

<Guild Tag>

Class

Desired roll

Desired spec

"Quote" if you want to have one.

Important things to remember about entering yourself:

You can only enter on one character. 1 class. Period.

If your desired roll is DPS, you must show up in the group roster within an arena as DPS.

If your desired roll is tank, you must show up in the group roster within an arena as Tank.

If your desired roll is healer, you must show up in the group roster within an arena as Healer.

IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE IN TANK STANCE, YOU ARE CONSIDERED A TANK. PLEASE SPEC/GEAR YOURSELF ACCORDINGLY.

I will not be limiting people on hybrids, as long as the above speccing requirements are met.

Your entry must be sent by in-game mail to myself.

an example of an appropriate entry is found here: http://i.imgur.com/lKNnXM8.jpg?1

Republic players will send their entry and 10k fee to: Kristus

Empire players will send their entry and 10k fee to: Ammut

There are no special alt characters in my names, so dont worry about spelling it wrong.

replies to this thread with your entry will be ignored. plain and simple.

entries without the fee attached to it will be ignored. plain and simple.

Everything beyond this point is for the selected team captains, so thank you everyone for viewing this thread and I hope to see your entry in my mailbox soon. Spread the word.

The Team Captain FAQ'S

Everything you will ever need to know about being a team captain in this event is covered here. With that said, lets get started.

So what am I limited to in this draft?

Each team will be given access to

1 tank

1 healer

2 DPS

the classes and how you assemble your own team is entirely up to you, but you will be subject to the following restrictions:

1: you cannot draft people from your own guild tag and

2: you cannot have more than 1 person from the same guild on your team.

the last thing that I want to happen is one team just completely destroying everyone else simply because 2 guildies who play together a lot are on the same team.

3: you cannot have 2 of the same spec on 1 team. I.E. Double smash marauder. 1 smash Jugg, 1 smash Marauder. Double Lethality sniper. Double Pyro PT. 1 madness sorc, 1 madness assassin.

I decided limiting spec stacking, instead of limiting class stacking was the better route to go here.

If you do happen to have 2 Marauders on your team, they both must be running different specs. 1 carnage, 1 smash. 1 deception assassin, 1 madness. 1 arsenal merc, 1 pyro.

this is end of the wall of text now. pinky swear.

Edited by NvrShoutNvr

You have my support. I'm in and hoping this happens more than once.

Character name: Juniormonk

<Remnants>

Class: Sith Sorc

Desired roll: Healing

Desired spec: full corruption with a dab of madness

Quote: There's always tomorrow

**** Monk, did you not read the entire post about entering yourself?

Your entry must be sent by in-game mail to myself.

an example of an appropriate entry is found here: http://i.imgur.com/lKNnXM8.jpg?1

Republic players will send their entry and 10k fee to: Kristus

Empire players will send their entry and 10k fee to: Ammut

There are no special alt characters in my names, so dont worry about spelling it wrong.

replies to this thread with your entry will be ignored. plain and simple.

entries without the fee attached to it will be ignored. plain and simple.

now its /thread

Edited by NvrShoutNvr