The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Nibbon (Sage rep) has quit: I need your feedback

Master-Nala

as long as madness uses the 3 charge for wrath system instead of 4 I think madness and lightning are fine in the hands of good players. Healing sorcs are tricky to fix, but if you look at other healing classes and why they are successful there are a few obvious problems that must be addressed. Right now a good arena team can cc a healer till whitebar and chain interrupt that healer to the point of no casts getting through. Most games actually start off with two operatives getting ready to flashang each other, and most good healers know when they will be cc'd a few seconds before it happens. So if you breakdown heals getting through it's a bunch of hots and a few casts, which is why ops, and now mercs, are pretty successful. Sorcs have 1 hot. They do also have bubbles, but must use them wisely as force management is ****. And the AOE heal is in a terrible spot for arenas. Standing still in arenas or grouping up in a small circle to get cc'd is dumb as ****. The only way I see it being effective is if the AOE size is increased and/or heals increased for it and/or cc immunity while standing in the AOE. I also think sorcs should get bubbles that cost less force, and I think high in the healing tree there should be a place to spec into a removal of the bubble debuff on targets 30% health or less, or at the very least if it ends up being op, a removal of the bubble debuff on themselves once they're 30% or less health.

Come the time soon, I will run again for Sorc Rep.

Weren't you of the opinion sorcs are fine? If that is still the case why bother, so you can fight against changes and tell Bioware we are good. If that is not the case I apologize in advance.

Weren't you of the opinion sorcs are fine? If that is still the case why bother, so you can fight against changes and tell Bioware we are good. If that is not the case I apologize in advance.

Sorcerers are not broken. Broken means that you enter a raid or warzone and fall flat on your face. Not due to play style but that a Sorcerer cannot move without self stunning themselves. Sorcerers however are far from perfect. If you are competent at playing Sorcerer, you can make almost any build work. However that does NOT mean that nothing can be improved.

So, to answer your question, no. I will NOT being telling everyone Sorcerers are fine and can be left as they are. It is my belief that Sorcerers can be brought back to a capability that was pre 1.2. Who here remembers during closed beta the over power that Sorcerers had? Back then, easy win meant full Madness. And before 1.2, we had a fair chance.

When I went to the Cantina Crawl here in Colorado, I actually had a debate with the "Aussie" head of PVP. Instead of quietly asking my question and submitting to their practiced responses, I responded that their ideas were not good enough and their reasoning was flawed.

A Sorcerer rep should never kowtow to Bioware's response if it is a bad response. A Sorcerer rep should embody the frustrations of the other Sorcerers, listening to them and voicing their opinions. That means telling Bioware they are wrong and need to change. However, being unbiased, that also means admitting when something is NOT an issue. Ask the correct questions, get the answers we seek.

When I hear of someone quitting the game, I cannot help but think of how disloyal that is. Putting them and trusting in the position of rep should not be something taken lightly. I am never quitting SWTOR, I will always subscribe (proudly) and I will always be passionate about the Sorcerer, envisioning what it can be once again.

Edited by FrumpytheClown