Highest Pop Republic Side Server

Argencia

According to torstatus.net, in North America, that would be Begeren Colony, a RP PvE server. The Harbinger would be the highest PvE server, and The Bastion the highest PvP server.

MAJOR caveat: that is assuming that all servers have the same capacity and thus the same levels for standard/heavy/full population, which is actually something we do not know.

Edited by NoFishing

The problem is it doesn't tell you the ratios (that I can see) of republic to empire. So while a server may be high pop, it could be completely one sided with horrible ratios for one faction.

Ah, that's true, I missed that part of your question. The short answer is no, nobody outside of Bioware could tell you with any certainty what the faction balances are on each server. And they are generally loathe to discuss such things.

EDIT: but I will comment that, at least on Harbinger, PvE seems a bit more active on the imperial side, while the rumor is that the pubs are better at PvP, since most of the "good" PvP guilds on the imp side moved to other servers. You might have better luck asking for feedback in the individual server forums for whatever type of server you are looking at.

Edited by NoFishing

Right now I'm kind of torn between Harbinger and Bergon Colony

I'll make the decision easy. Go Harbinger. BC population is tiny compared to Harbinger and I many times have been on that server when the status hit "very heavy" . Don't let the server load deceive you. Take it from a person who had spent months there.

Pub to imp population is fairly even. Of course there is more imps to pubs but its not a huge amount. During primetime, around 5 fleet instances for Harbinger. If PVP is your thing, imps are overall pretty terrible with the rare exception of some premades.

Edited by Nickious