Someone please explain this BS?

Xianyu

With the damage booster my quads hit almost 2k per shot in my scout at close range. Thats probably what happened.

The OP swears that is was a Strike using Heavy Lasers. (strike eliminates Targeting Telemetry/BOC) and even with a damage powerup, heavies would not kill in 2 hits without crits, which is a whopping 3% on HLCs. Oh yeah and if you took the crit, you lose armor penetration...

Leads me to believe slight exaggeration by the OP, or he was simply mistaken. The only other option is a hack used by his opponent, but those are rare.

I'm picking exaggeration, even if it was unintentional by the OP.

And that's why I'm pissed off and confused.

I didn't think it was possible for a strike fighter to two-shot another strike fighter. And there were no missiles involved at all.

But who knows? Maybe there was a gunship hovering just in range and shot me while he was firing.

He was definitely using heavy lasers/something of that ilk. They were coming from the tips of his wings. Large beams. Slow firing.

You were probably being sniped by a gunship as well. Heavy laser could only two shot you with damage overload.

Even fully upgraded it will take about 8 shots or more to kill you with heavy lasers.

Edited by Yndras