The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What's with the random guild(!) invites?

dermitni

Like hundred times before, today while playing and slaying black sun scum on Coruscant), I suddenly noticed the green text informing me that a ninja guild-invitation had been declined automatically (auto-decline is maybe the most important feature of this game!). It got me thinking again: What exactly do people expect from inviting some random stranger whom they never spoke to, into their guild?

Are these possibly the same people that afterwards come crying in the forums because one of their guild members emptied the guild bank and then simply up and left? :confused:

Edited by dermitni

You say you have auto-decline on. Why is this even an issue for you? You just want to vent? Did you vent? Do you feel better?

The smiley should give away my reason: I'm confused and don't understand why some people think it's a good idea to invite random strangers into their guild. And honestly, if you don't have something productive to add to this thread, why do you feel the urge to respond to it; do you feel better now that you did? :rolleyes:

You can set invites to auto decline!?!

Yes, that's my favourite option in this game (or any online game really). Mostly I allow people to invite me into groups but I have SWTOR automatically block all incoming guild invites. If someone wants to invite me to their guild, they can ask first and give me a chance to see for myself if that guild suits me and if I will fit into that guild. Should I agree, I still can deactivate the setting and get invited. But, apart from the info text, ninja guild invites don't penetrate my firewall. :)

You say you have auto-decline on. Why is this even an issue for you? You just want to vent? Did you vent? Do you feel better?

Do you eat before Jurg, or do you both fight over roadkill? He's looking a bit thin so act like the big brother troll that you are and feed your litttle bro or at least provide him shelter under your bridge or in the cave you squat in.