Guild Wars; WPVP idea

Ommar_Gef

Haha play on words using a game name for this idea. Ok serious however I'm going to say I'm a big RP and PVP person. Together I love it and have the best time on game during those moments, separate I do enjoy them as well. So here's an idea that I looked on the forums before and found things close to it.

Now let me say that most suggestions I've found have asked for Bioware to basically add a flashpoint area or something along those lines for guilds to do WPVP. But I don't think we need exclusive areas for it, this game has so many amazing locations and great environment that can be used for WPVP. So why don't people do it that much aside from normally Tatooine? From what people told me is a lag thing and people lag on Tatooine even as well when people from across the sever comes to PVP.

So what if we could WPVP using something like the outlaws Den where you can attack other people even from same faction and not hit your guild mates? But instead of just using the same location over and over again, you could do it on any planet? Well bring in the gankers and kill the lowbies! Or what if it was done with using much like the dueling system but on a much larger scale?

So what I'm saying is what if guild leaders can just duel another guild leader and both their guilds fight as if they're in the Outlaws den but change of location and for those two guilds only. You don't have to worry about ganking lowbies, very little abuse can be done to it considering the only people who can be PVP'd are those in the guild and both guild leaders have to agree to it.

Using an example here, let's say there's two guild on coruscant. One a underworld drug ring style guild and the other a security force guild. Now say both are RP PVP guilds and that the security force guild wants to raid the underworld base, say the black sun cantina in the black sun district. So for the RPers, they can do just rolls and not have as much visual or speed to the RP, a standard RP. Or say they go to the Outlaws den to PVP it out, but what's the point of fighting over a location when you can't fight in that location. But with this system both guild leaders just do as if they were going to duel, and the whole district becomes the outlaws den like for just those two guilds. Fight on planets you never dreamed of WPVP being on.

Now some people will argue why not just fight in outlaws den, but like I say before it gets boring fighting on one planet all the time. This way we can change the environment. Some would also worry about abuse, but because of no earning of commendations or exp from WPVP, you can't grind up people and because it would be between two guilds that agree with it, ganking wont be done.

The biggest issue I thought of was how much time would it take to draw away from normal development of the game. And with what's currently in the game they do have the systems to make this work. Using outlaws den as an example, they do have a system in the game that makes everyone fightable and your guild mates friendly. And with guild leader recognizing for the two to agree, they do have the change guild name which can only be used by the guild leader. So the game does know who's a guild leader and not.

And because these systems are in the game, it can be done on the side and doesn't need top priority where Bioware can focus on what they plan to do.

I'm going to put bulletin points here so if this post is too long to read, you can just read these instead.

• Allows WPVP anywhere in game
  • Avoids abuse and ganking
  • Systems are already in game to make this easy to make
  • Can encourage fun guild with guild events
  • Entirely optional for players to do.

Yeah sorry for long post for just four simple points. But I really do think that this idea can work and I do hope Bioware does something like this. It would be nice to get more places like outlaws den or just fighting other WPVP areas outside of Tatooine and avoid tons of people from all across the server to fight.

I'm not an experience programmer but from what I know most of it would maybe be reusing current game codes to match the requirements that are in game right out. I.E the outlaws den and guild recognition. The hardest part would be setting up planets where it can be done but at best that might just take a week or so of programming.

I can say as a Mandalorian Sniper that has been involved in a fair amount of WPvP due to taking contracts and our Civil War on Jung Ma, that I would love this. It is so frustrating to be limited to the Outlaw's Den and the Western Ice Shelf for Open PvP. And the planets that allow both sides to be on them at the same time is a fraction of what's needed. There are times that I miss the way World of Warcraft had their PvP servers set up. There were only a few sanctuary cities where you couldn't fight anyone, but everywhere else was fair game as long as the person was flagged.

Anyway, if they could give us more Open WPvP, that would be amazing, or if they could expand the dueling system to allow groups to duel instead of just 1v1. I would love that and I know my guild would love that as well.

It doesn't make sense lore-wise. The Dark Council opposes open fighting between Sith, or at least killing is a no-no, and what scenario could you come up with that would have Jedi fighting one another? It doesn't make sense in the context of the game unless you go cross-faction and that already exists.

It doesn't make sense lore-wise. The Dark Council opposes open fighting between Sith, or at least killing is a no-no, and what scenario could you come up with that would have Jedi fighting one another? It doesn't make sense in the context of the game unless you go cross-faction and that already exists.

This is a very good concern and argument. It's very hard to give a definitive answer expect base by base personal story and explanation. Such as For Jedi guilds they can say it's "Training" and simulation, and sith don't listen to the Dark council much.

Spoiler

In the sith inquisitor story the all of act 2-3 is you going to war with Thanaton, so Sith do have a lot of in fighting and the Dark council can't stop it over night.

But I do agree with this lore concern in certain aspects but we can use character explanation for these scenarios or just say screw story for once. But I do see and agree with what you say for most points.