Upcoming changes are good but resolve needs an adjust

Rhyn

I for one am very happy with the direction the Dev’s are going with regards to the class changes. I know some tweaks will be needed but overall I think it is good for the game and for PvP overall. In addition to these changes I would like to see an adjustment to the resolve mechanic along the line of the following.

1) Go back to pre 1.4 and get rid of the overlapping stuns

2) Have snares and roots respect the resolve immunity BUT do not add to resolve at all.

IMO these 2 changes would fix an issue that so many people have with resolve and fix the reason why so many people I know that quit the game over the current way resolve works.

1) Go back to pre 1.4 and get rid of the overlapping stuns

2) Have snares and roots respect the resolve immunity BUT do not add to resolve at all.

I doubt they'll do #1; however, #2 is something I think would make things more beneficial for everyone. If you are white barred, then no effects should affect you including any and all roots, slows, and/or snares IMHO.

I'll a #3 to that: CC breaker resets on respawn. That should have happened when they first announced they wanted to do that. But because of the great uproar about people purposely /stucking themselves, they did not. Now that they have fixed that exploit, they can now put it in the game.

Edited by Ghost_Spectre

I hate how my resolve gets filled but I remain stunned for a few more seconds and die. Then when I'm waiting in the respawn area my resolve bar activates and begins to drain.

Just my opinions but I think they should either

a) have resolve work on a diminishing return system where as your bar fills, stuns/roots/etc. don't have as strong of an effect on you. So say at 50% resolve, stuns/roots/etc. only last 50% their normal duration. Then decrease the immunity time when the resolve bar is full to like 4 seconds.

b) when your resolve bar becomes full, you are immediately broken out of all stuns/roots/etc. and your resolve bar begins to drain.

c) possibly (and the most farfetched) have the resolve bar hot keyed and let players choose when they want to activate it when it's full.

Just my thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...
i dont think they should change resolve back to the way it was... its already almost impossible to kill an OP healer + guardbot or any other healer for that matter , without cc it would just be lulz.

there are lots of other things that need adressing.

You do realize they are nerfing the operative surgical spam, right? Post 2.7 they will have to cast at some point (or run around shivving poeple for TAs, but then they're not healing).

You do realize they are nerfing the operative surgical spam, right? Post 2.7 they will have to cast at some point (or run around shivving poeple for TAs, but then they're not healing).

They also nerfed total team dps output though, since almost every 8 man team had a rage/focus toon. So it is not clear whether in net the attack or the defense benefits more in 2.7. What is true is that in most of the 2.0 era, defense has dominated. Less so in arenas, but in 8 man warzones, the defense was so dominant, that all the maps were broken. Alderaan and Novare devolved into 25 minute battles where no one could take mid. Anytime two good teams met in Voidstar, a 0-0 score was predetermined. Huttball was only about who could macro button grab the ball at mid since you could never kill a ball carrier.

Increasing the stun/mezz/root resistance that resolve offers will clearly help the defense and hurt the offense. It's not clear to me that this game is at the stage where needs to be done.