Strong PvP/leveling builds?

ShakeAC

Hey guys. I just got back into this game today and haven't played since a couple months after launch. I played a sentinel at launch and pvped a ton, (i was shake on helm of graush if anyone remembers me)

anyway, what builds are strong in PvP right now for maraudesr? If I remember right dot heavy annihilation specs were strongest around launch but it doesn't seem like thats the way things are now?

Also I'm going to be going through my story quest and leveling so I'm hoping the strongest PvP build is also viable for that?

Thanks!

PVP - Carnage, Rage (After patch 2.7- Carnage only).

PVE - Anni is the best for leveling with any companion.

You can also use Carnage or Rage for leveling, but the healing companion recommended.

P.S. In one spec tree, PvP and PVE builds are different anyway (Hail to Skill Mentor).

Edited by shamanwise

I'm currently level 47 on mine and I am carnage. It has its moments and in pvp I don't feel that strong at times. I have not tried rage in pvp but I have tried it in levelingl just this morning. I only tried it for a few min and it seemed to do good damage. Im uses to carnage right now and from the number of posts I've seen carnage will be the best for pvp in 2.7.

I'm currently level 47 on mine and I am carnage. It has its moments and in pvp I don't feel that strong at times. I have not tried rage in pvp but I have tried it in levelingl just this morning. I only tried it for a few min and it seemed to do good damage. Im uses to carnage right now and from the number of posts I've seen carnage will be the best for pvp in 2.7.

For strong pvp in Carnage you must get the Massacre, until this you may use the Rage Spec.

Burst damage to a single target in Carnage, higher than in Rage spec.

Edited by shamanwise

Or just get Enraged Slash first, and enjoy Vicious Slash spamming with 30% alacrity LOL that worked for me and I only got massacre at 50 (Enraged Slash & Short Fuse before massacre allows me to build 30fury in 7.5seconds...that's pretty awesome), but Massacre with berserk eats rage wayyyyyy too fast imo, in 4.16seconds you practically go from 12 to 0 rage if you have berserk on and use massacre. I sacrificed better RNG with better sustained in general and it worked for me, procs will be a bit harder to get, especially Execute, but at least you'll be able to use predation much more often which is quite crucial to your team.