The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Vangaurd tanking stats?

RancidGuy

I am sitting at 39% shield chance 40% absorb and 16.36 defense. I am wondering if I am on the right track? I know we get huge bonuses to shield and absorb, but defense is like that 3rd wheel I am having trouble balancing lol. I am missing 6 augs, I have 2 shield augs and 6 absorb ones. any helpful insight on good tank stat balancing would be awesome. Was a DPS VG and PT for a while. I feel with the nerf to the hybrid my DPS is very sub par and want to tank. Thanks for any help in advance :)

I am sitting at 39% shield chance 40% absorb and 16.36 defense. I am wondering if I am on the right track? I know we get huge bonuses to shield and absorb, but defense is like that 3rd wheel I am having trouble balancing lol. I am missing 6 augs, I have 2 shield augs and 6 absorb ones. any helpful insight on good tank stat balancing would be awesome. Was a DPS VG and PT for a while. I feel with the nerf to the hybrid my DPS is very sub par and want to tank. Thanks for any help in advance :)

Depending on the stat budget you have depends on what the distribution should be.

E.g. at low stat budget, you want about 20% defense, 35% shield, and 25% absorb. But as the budget goes up, you get less defense and more of the other 2. Currently, BiS (AKA Optimised Dread Forged gear), is about 16.05% defense with shield + absorb balanced, with defense including the set bonus and talent boosts.

So I'd say your on the right track, up the defense a little (to 17%) and then balance out shield + absorb for your current budget. As you get better gear, move stuff from defense to shield + absorb.