Opinions on Carnage Spec

Irishpierre

So this is the typical Carnage spec I've been running for a minute in preparation for Smash to be nerfed or sized down.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bcZRGrRRrRMrIoZc.3

I'm not full Conqueror yet, but here's a basic run down of stats:

STR: 2191

End: 2283

Expertise: 2018

Power: 562

Surge: 508

Crit Rating: 219

Missing the head, gloves, belt, and pants for the full set and the suits currently not augmented. I'm looking more so for an opinion on the skill tree and any offers/ideas that I can try otherwise would be appreciated

Thanks!

Stagger is pretty useless you got really good roots already as carnage, Malice is pretty useless for pvp since most carnages dmg in pvp comes from white dmg outside of scream, which is autocrit (malice only effects yellow attacks so rupture dots,choke, scream its not worth it for a pvp build).... You don't take Brooding or unbound which are really good talents

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bcZrGMRRrRrrIR.3 Heres tthe spec i personally would suggest.

Stats wise you want full power 0 crit rating. Augment str or power.. doesn't really matter STR gives extra 1-2% crit power gives s small bit of extra bonus dmg. I go STR personally but it doesn't make a difference. If you are one of the guys that experiments alot and ever want to try running a little crit rating you 100% wanna go str though...

Edited by AngusFTW

Alright thanks, I'll be sure to try that out.

As for the stats, I plan to augment everything when I'm full Conqueror, planning to do Strength. I know I'll be mix matching between Weaponmaster and Challenger sets to Min-Max the Power/Surge and decrease the crit rating. Just a matter of time

Stagger is pretty useless you got really good roots already as carnage, Malice is pretty useless for pvp since most carnages dmg in pvp comes from white dmg outside of scream, which is autocrit (malice only effects yellow attacks so rupture dots,choke, scream its not worth it for a pvp build).... You don't take Brooding or unbound which are really good talents

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bcZrGMRRrRrrIR.3 Heres tthe spec i personally would suggest.

Stats wise you want full power 0 crit rating. Augment str or power.. doesn't really matter STR gives extra 1-2% crit power gives s small bit of extra bonus dmg. I go STR personally but it doesn't make a difference. If you are one of the guys that experiments alot and ever want to try running a little crit rating you 100% wanna go str though...

That pretty much. You don't ened Malice from Rage as the only thing you want to crit, has a 100% chance to when Execute is up. Stack power and Surge after that to boost your Screams even further.

The points in the Force Camo talent are really good as they can reduce damage from dots, and the increased movement speed from Predation is really useful. Even though we are a pure DPS class, we still have to be aware of our other teammates(im speaking from a PvP perspective). Plus 10% defense from Predation is really useful. A really active marauder with some good heals can almost keep Predation up at all times.