Played at launch

Celwinn

I've played a few games at launch, rather enjoyed it but due to real life issues, I was forced to leave TOR. Now that I am back, I would like to start GSF again, but I am kinda nervous since alot of people have had a 3 month head start to level. I feel like I will be that person who is severly undergeared and picked off really easily.

Would that be the case?

It will be the case but it only takes a few days to get competitive. After a week of solid playing, and getting your you know what handed to you, you'll be fine.

I'd also add that there are plenty of new pilots joining everday. Not that this will make it any easier but you won't be alone.

Edited by -Streven-

I started like 2 weeks ago, only pugging, and have no real trouble anymore against anything really. It's actually become a probel that I run out of missiles on my Pike cause I don't die. Numbers like 10 kills, 15 assits, 0 deaths aren't uncommon. And you go through that rack of clusters somethign fierce. :D

E: Of course, then there's matches where you just get stomped.

Edited by Jandi

Skill is significantly more important than upgrades.

Yeah this is my first match on Harbinger to test the ping, 0 upgrades Blackbolt.

Oh I should probably add this game where I did 120k dmg with 0 upgrades on my Sting. (I did spend requisition on getting the parts I liked the most, but no upgrades on any of them).

Edited by Scrabs