buying a ship from cartel market

KHassing

Consider checking the GTN first to spend a paltry amount of credits. Some low level players buy cartel coin ships and put them up for credits, unaware their tiny credit fortune will be chicken feed at max level.

I picked up most of the cartel-coin ships for less than 200k combined by just watching the GTN. If you go ahead and drop that 18$ on the ship, it will be for one character only with no ship req or anything on it.

None of the ships are 18 dollars. I bought all the ships immediately, not content to wait to pick them up on the GTN.

But as everyone has said, it is just for one character, just like everything else related to GSF. The cartel ship decision is no better or worse than all the other things being character bound, with the same ups and downs.

You should buy a cartel ship because you like it, or because you want all the ships. The req bonus is truly minor- over the course of the ship's lifespan, it will be less than 14k requisition extra that you earn.

None of the ships are 18 dollars. I bought all the ships immediately, not content to wait to pick them up on the GTN.

Don't disagree with you (I also bought them all with CCs), but the cost is a bit variable. If you buy 14500 CCs for $100, you pay $12.41. If you bought 5500 CCs for $40, you pay $13.10. If you buy 2400 CCs for $20 (which I expect most people do), you pay $15. If you buy 1050 CCs for $10 and use leftover CCs from the last time you bought the same package, you pay $17.14. If you're bad and buy multiple installments of 450 CCs for $5, you pay $20.

Dunno where that $18 figure came from, though.