The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Can't seem to get Health up to 30Kish with bolster and I'm getting yelled at!!! Help

doughboyxx

I've been reading threads saying there's no excuse to not have full EXP and good stats with bolster. So I read the guide by L-Randle (I believe it was) and am trying to work at it. I took the EXP crystals out of my sabers (carnage marauder) and replaced them with power ones. My armor contains almost all 61 purples. I have the obroan relics which stack and the ear and implants are my old pvp ones however I have tried blue ones as well.

There is no EXP in any of my armor. When I log in to a wz my EXP is capped which is great. My bonus damage is close to 800 which isn't bad. However my health is at 25k...and when fully buffed just gets over 27k. I am currently grinding Conqueror gear however I would like to play some ranked solo and when I go in I get yelled at cause my health is so low. I notice others have said bolster is taking their health up to 30kish. Also I do have everything augmented with the old purple 22 strength augs.

I can't figure out why I'm not getting bolstered up to higher health. I'd like to play some ranked solo however I don't want to screw up my team with low health. Any help here would be appreciated.

I commend your enthusiasm for wanting to jump into solo ranked. I wish more people would be as eager to get into the ranked scene as you. However, you really shouldn't be jumping into it without fully optimized and augmented conqueror gear.

You won't be hitting the 30k mark until you get mostly conqueror gear.

Your augments are out of date. The augments for level 55 are MUCH better than the ones for level 50 (I forget the numbering though).

Most level 50 purple augs: +12 endurance, +18 other stat

Most level 55 purple augs: +20 endurance, +32 other stat

Multiply that across all your augment slots (which you probably need to upgrade to MK-9s) and it's a significant difference...

ah ok fair enough then. I am grinding enough aug kits to re-aug my gear. I'll work on getting the conqueror gear then. Thanks for the clarification. Also, will conqueror gear fully augmented with obroan relics be considered acceptable to start playing some ranked or am I expected to have the full Obroan? Ok thanks again.

ah ok fair enough then. I am grinding enough aug kits to re-aug my gear. I'll work on getting the conqueror gear then. Thanks for the clarification. Also, will conqueror gear fully augmented with obroan relics be considered acceptable to start playing some ranked or am I expected to have the full Obroan? Ok thanks again.

Conq gear is plenty. Honestly the stat difference between conq and ob is very marginal compared to PvE gear levels, and I personally don't consider the grind with it, so I'm sticking with my conq with ob relics.

I find it annoying when people play ranked with out ranked gear but I also don't play ranked because of all the people using it to gear up. You'll probably be fine.

Yeah, fully optimized and augmented conqueror will be fine. You could start a bit before full optimization, just don't go in with a bunch of crit, accuracy, or alacrity as carnage. You get all the accuracy you need in the tree.

I find it annoying when people play ranked with out ranked gear but I also don't play ranked because of all the people using it to gear up. You'll probably be fine.

That's the problem with ranked : you enter a game mode, where you're supposed to already have the reward given by the said mode.

That's the problem with ranked : you enter a game mode, where you're supposed to already have the reward given by the said mode.

This was exactly my thinking. At any rate thanks for the replys and now I know :) I have two pieces of conqueror and enough comms for 2 more. It's not too bad of a grind.

Not really. All that's needed to start is full conqueror gear. Then you get obroan from ranked queueing a lot faster than doing regs.

It's absolutely possible, yeah, especially in the first days after conqueror released because nobody had it yet, but after a while, once a good bunch of people obtained it, they expect you to have augmented conqueror and disregard you if you don't have it.

It's absolutely possible, yeah, especially in the first days after conqueror released because nobody had it yet, but after a while, once a good bunch of people obtained it, they expect you to have augmented conqueror and disregard you if you don't have it.

Nah, full conqueror min-maxed with augments is fine.

The expectation that people have Obroan gear before they start arenas is ridiculous.

Its really good to have an Obroan weapon and relics too. Beyond that its too small a difference to be worth concerning yourself with IMO, its way quicker to get the remaining pieces by doing rateds. Heck its much better for learning to become a better player and improving your skill and knowledge doing arenas than regs too. Honestly you can learn more from 5 arenas than 50 warzones...

For me, when I bring a new character into arenas, fully augmented min max conqueror with augments + Obroan weapon and relics is what I go for before I do arenas.

Edited by Z-ToXiN

End-game PvE is similar. It isn't limited to PvP end-game.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

If you have full augments and optimized conq gear your performance will be very close to full obroan and you should be able to play in ranked without gimping your team (assuming you have shook the rust off and can play well). Prioritize ears, implants, and relics first for obroan, then get the main pieces for the set bonus, get the wrists and belt, and last get the weapons. For weapons, PvE 66/69/58 (or even 66/66/58) obtainable with basic comms from daily quests are actually a bit better than obroan right now so you could go that route as well.

Conq gear is plenty. Honestly the stat difference between conq and ob is very marginal compared to PvE gear levels, and I personally don't consider the grind with it, so I'm sticking with my conq with ob relics.

That's what I have now, conqueror with Obroan relics and the grind for full Obroan does seem long and not worth it.

THe stat increases are extremely minor. I might consider just buying the mods/enhancements to get rid of the crap that comes with conqueror (crit rating out, power/surge in).

I just wish ranked would pop on my server. Since I acquired that Conqueror set w/Obroan relics and put it on I've only had 3 total ranked matches in 2 weeks.

Edited by Kain_Turinbar

That's what I have now, conqueror with Obroan relics and the grind for full Obroan does seem long and not worth it.

THe stat increases are extremely minor. I might consider just buying the mods/enhancements to get rid of the crap that comes with conqueror (crit rating out, power/surge in).

I just wish ranked would pop on my server. Since I acquired that Conqueror set w/Obroan relics and put it on I've only had 3 total ranked matches in 2 weeks.

Obroan mods are worthwhile, but unless you chose poorly when getting your initial conq gear buying the obroan pieces is more efficient than purchasing enhancements.

Also, I am a somewhat casual player and have a full set of obroan on my main despite just coming back to the game in December from a long layoff, so the grind is not that bad. And that is with limited use of the solo ranked queue as ranked only pops 1-2 days per week on my server and the republic players that queue for ranked are frequently undergeared.

Edited by Vodrin

People complain about nobody queue-ing for ranked, then people complain when players are not super well geared. *shrugs* There's even a guild on my server named something along the lines of <Queue for Rated>. :p

Personally, I haven't ever queued for ranked for the following reasons:

1. I don't have min / maxed conq. I have full conq + full 66 augs on my sage + obroan relics + obroan implants, mostly conq on two others. I don't fully understand what I need to get to optimize my sage other than MOAR POWER. I've read differing opinions on how much crit, alacrity, force accuracy, etc. So, I'm probably just going to throw something together that I think looks good...and stay out of ranked so that I don't look like a fool if I mess it up badly.

2. Solo play. As a solo queue-er, ranked just seems like if you are not joining with m8s, you're going to get stomped repeatedly, even worse than regs.

3. I hear that ranked has much longer queue times (about 30 minutes vs about 2 minutes for reg on my server).

4. I don't have to have full obroan. My conq gear seems to do just fine in regs. I play for fun, anyway. It is its own reward.