Damage Reduction VS Evasion

homeloard

I have not looked at every ship. This option is on the Pike and probably the Imp ship. It is a selection in the Minor Component - Armor. As far as usage it is a static buff. I am just looking for the outcome comparison between the two selections. For instance, does reduction out weigh evasion.

Thanks again for any incite.

Damage reduction is almost never the right answer unless you are trying some damage reduction stacking build like a charged plating strike fighter. But there are a lot of weapons that have armor piercing built right in. So the answer is to go for either extra hull HP or a little extra evasion - evasion isn't as reliable as it is for a scout, but can take a few more hits to compensate.

Damage reduction is almost never the right answer unless you are trying some damage reduction stacking build like a charged plating strike fighter. But there are a lot of weapons that have armor piercing built right in. So the answer is to go for either extra hull HP or a little extra evasion - evasion isn't as reliable as it is for a scout, but can take a few more hits to compensate.

This is what OP should be listening to.

The only time I would not take lightweight armor is on my bomber, where +20% hull does a lot more than on other ships and ~guarantees (instead of leaving to chance) survival until I can drop another mine(s).