Bomber Drones & Evasion - They Never Miss!

Korithras

The AI controlling drones is absolutely perfect. Barrel rolling away from a conc or torp lock? That railgun drone's gonna hit you in the middle of your barrel roll. I've actually been hit and killed in the middle of a barrel roll while distortion field was up. That means I had 100% evasion. Slugs cap out at 110% evasion at long range, but I'm fairly sure I wasn't at long range. Either way, they shouldn't be nearly that good at tracking a target.

This is old news....

"Are missile lock breaking maneuvers working? | 02.06.2014, 11:34 AM

We looked into this and found that missile drones do indeed still fire at a player executing a defensive maneuver. This is due to the lock-on functioning a bit differently than a player's lock-on. We'll get this fixed in an upcoming patch!

"

http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php?page=3

So just wait like the rest of us.

This is old news....

"Are missile lock breaking maneuvers working? | 02.06.2014, 11:34 AM

We looked into this and found that missile drones do indeed still fire at a player executing a defensive maneuver. This is due to the lock-on functioning a bit differently than a player's lock-on. We'll get this fixed in an upcoming patch!

"

http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php?page=3

So just wait like the rest of us.

That only refers to missiles. Railguns are also a thing, and to my knowledge BioWare hasn't acknowledged their issues.

Further, I don't think BioWare has acknowledged the fact that drones ignore line of sight, or the bug with double volley cluster missiles.

To the OP:

I know for a fact that they miss. Though ironically I think they only miss when you make them track faster than they are programmed to spin. It is NOT instant like some people think, but it is very fast. So if you are at longer range you make them move less and you always get hit, but if you are close to them and flying around them (not straight at or away from) you get missed a lot. As the bomb layer I have hit X and added my lasers to the fire coming at those fighters trying to pry the satellite from my burned, disintegrated (dead) hands and I have seen misses from my drone as they fly by.

So drones are worse up close when you make them spin fast.

All AI-controlled targets in GSF have abnormally high accuracy - railgun drones, cap ship turrets - they hit you almost all the time, no matter how hard you're trying to evade.

Needs a nerf, if you ask me.

Edited by Helig