Rocket Pods....

dancezwithnubz

Wrong!

Slug Railgun DOES have 20% native shield piercing and the upgrade provides 8% (down from 10%).

Read the tooltips again...

Haha that's insane! I never knew that. On the other hand, I walk straight to that second upgrade with fleet req every time I level a gunship.

Man.

Rocket Pods got an in-direct buff when they nerfed evasion, especially against Distortion Field users. You're dealing more damage overall and no one's safe just by popping one cooldown.

This means you're wasting fewer rockets that does nothing, giving you more effective ammo.

I actually think my build is stronger post 2.6.

Rocket Pods got an in-direct buff when they nerfed evasion, especially against Distortion Field users. You're dealing more damage overall and no one's safe just by popping one cooldown.

This means you're wasting fewer rockets that does nothing, giving you more effective ammo.

I actually think my build is stronger post 2.6.

You're also taking more damage overall, though.

You're also taking more damage overall, though.

Hmm yes, but the problem with Rocket Pods pre 2.6 was that Distortion Field was the ultimate counter to it, now you can deal damage to them no matter what making them much better imo.

in any event, damage has been nerfed HARD on rocky pods.

from 400'ish a shot down to 250'ish a shot.

they do less damage than my laser cannons now.

It wasn't that much... DPS means Damage per Second, which is not the same as damage per shot...

It wasn't that much... DPS means Damage per Second, which is not the same as damage per shot...

i'm aware that DPS is per second.

pre 2.6: rockets did >400 damage a shot, today, it's just shy of 300. 25% damage nerf per shot and no increase in rate of fire.

if it sounds like a nerf and looks like a nerf, it's probably a nerf.