Most kills with no Skills

HoloGrinder

I think you pointed out the problem with this thread right in your title. It's hard to tell who the 'good' bombers are. Unlike a good scout, strike, or gunship it is very difficult to gauge the difference between bomber pilots unless you've had repeated contact with them. It isn't until the third time you've been blown up by a mine that is tucked into a concealed nook in some of your favorite tunnels that you realize "Hey, this guy is really good!"

They also don't tend to top the charts on matches, which gets them noticed so that you begin paying attention to that person. On my server, I know to keep an eye out for the Highjinks, the Larges, the Delphis. And yet I can only recognize the name of one bomber. Is that pilot a good bomber? I'm not sure. That pilot is just the one I've seen enough times to associate them with bombers.

I realize your being silly.

Udezak flies bomber sometimes. He flew bomber a lot when they first came out. Now he flies both bomber and scout. He is one of the top 2 republic scout pilots on Jedi Covenant. He is legendary.

To get to the top of the leader board with a bomber, you have to use blasters and dogfight. While you can do ok just dropping mines and drones, you will not make the top, unless the talent pool on your server is low.

It does take skill to shoot down a more nimble scout or strike fighter when you are flying a slow moving boat.

While you can poo poo how easy it is to click a button and drop a mine or drone, knowing the most effective times is what separates the great from the ok pilots. And the ability to use blasters in addition to your mines/drones is what pushes people to the top of the boards.

To get to the top of the leader board with a bomber, you have to use blasters and dogfight. While you can do ok just dropping mines and drones, you will not make the top, unless the talent pool on your server is low.

It does take skill to shoot down a more nimble scout or strike fighter when you are flying a slow moving boat.

While you can poo poo how easy it is to click a button and drop a mine or drone, knowing the most effective times is what separates the great from the ok pilots. And the ability to use blasters in addition to your mines/drones is what pushes people to the top of the boards.

^ This.

I'm not particularly proud of it, and I definitely feel better about myself when I dominate a TDM in my Blackbolt ... but a Bomber, if it augments its pets with skillful dogfighting, can put up ferocious damage numbers. http://files.enjin.com/548264/Uploads/Bomber.jpg (not trying to brag, just showing that there can be a skill differential with Bombers, especially in TDM). In Domination it is much harder to tell, since node-guarding really is the name of the game, and often times your focus is on survival and area denial rather than dogfighting.

Edited by Nemarus

I realize your being silly.

Udezak flies bomber sometimes. He flew bomber a lot when they first came out. Now he flies both bomber and scout. He is one of the top 2 republic scout pilots on Jedi Covenant. He is legendary.

How very true Onodrain, when holding a node in Domination with my War Carrier I set my drones up, but when someone (not a gun ship) crosses the 12km (16km for gun ships) mark to my node, I move to engage them with protons and lasers. I know I can't win a turning fight against a Scout or a Strike, but if I can keep them on me, rather than my drone (missile or rail) they will give up sooner or later after getting chewed up by one of us.

My role as a Drone Carrier in domination, is support and defensive position holding. So I may not top the boards for kills, I do alright in assists, damage taken, damage dealt and defensive points. But my team knows that one node will be defended and held at all costs, and for that, my team can go and get the captures or the kills with one less worry on their minds.

I think you pointed out the problem with this thread right in your title. It's hard to tell who the 'good' bombers are. Unlike a good scout, strike, or gunship it is very difficult to gauge the difference between bomber pilots unless you've had repeated contact with them. It isn't until the third time you've been blown up by a mine that is tucked into a concealed nook in some of your favorite tunnels that you realize "Hey, this guy is really good!"

They also don't tend to top the charts on matches, which gets them noticed so that you begin paying attention to that person. On my server, I know to keep an eye out for the Highjinks, the Larges, the Delphis. And yet I can only recognize the name of one bomber. Is that pilot a good bomber? I'm not sure. That pilot is just the one I've seen enough times to associate them with bombers.

F***ing Hijinks....