Gamebreaking Lag

Mikla

The last couple of days I have been plagued by gamebreaking lag unlike anything I've experienced previously. Guns not firing, abilities not firing for 1 to 2 secs after activating sometimes more. Guns jamming on despite not having any buttons pressed. No sounds from enemy gunfire or hits registering. It seems quite random and with no means to see my ping during GSF I cannot tell if it network lag at my end of something else.

Has anyone else been experiencing anything like this recently?

The last couple of days I have been plagued by gamebreaking lag unlike anything I've experienced previously. Guns not firing, abilities not firing for 1 to 2 secs after activating sometimes more. Guns jamming on despite not having any buttons pressed. No sounds from enemy gunfire or hits registering. It seems quite random and with no means to see my ping during GSF I cannot tell if it network lag at my end of something else.

Has anyone else been experiencing anything like this recently?

I'm pretty sure that they reset the servers Monday to try and correct this very issue that is plaguing some players.

I'm pretty sure that they reset the servers Monday to try and correct this very issue that is plaguing some players.

I was hoping that would do it, but last night I had to log because I was only fighting half the match.

Then again, only one of my guildies was having a similar issue, and he was on public wifi, so I figured it was on my end.

I have a intermittently unreliable internet connection, though doing network traces most of the time the problem seems to be the node where SWTOR's servers connect to the internet, at least since I fixed an issue I had on my end.

Anyhow, what you're describing is symptomatic of lag on the order of 250ms all the way up to 90 seconds and/or disconnect. Or to be more correct, latency rather than lag.

If the problem is with bioware's ISP or high traffic nodes in that area that have problems there's not that much that can be done about it unless the owners of that equipment upgrade it. Inherent problem of how the internet is structured when it comes to high performance for streaming applications with little to no buffer.

Edited by Ramalina

My lag issues in GSF started with 2.6. They were pretty bad the first week. Monday's patch/maintenance corrected the worst of it, but lag is still an issue. I would guess that GSF servers did not expect so much use. So as people get frustrated and stop playing GSF, then simultaneously SWTOR will be increasing their bandwidth for the servers and everything should come back into parity. I blame it on a successful launch of GSF with 2.6. Unfortunately while you can predict bandwidth needs, you cannot always meet the spikes that come. And if the lines were not commissioned for the proper bandwidth needs, you will get lag.

I noticed when a ship gets > 1000M or even as close to 100M, the system starts chunking and jerking the ship I have targeted. It happens maybe 20%-30% of the time.

My ISP & router does drop signal in the overnights PST when I play. That might be a factor too. SWTOR hangs, but that is usually on ground game, never in GSF.

Edited by CaliJoe