Pre-Game Component Changes

Korithras

With the implementation of deathmatch games, we now have two different game modes. And, maybe I'm alone in this? But I don't necessarily want the same parts for a deathmatch game that I do for a satellite game. For example:

I'm a scout pilot, it's my preferred fighter class. Take the Imperial Blackbolt/Republic NovaDive, I might want....

- The sabotage probe for a deathmatch

- Rocket pods for satellite.

Very simply, allow us to swap components, not buy/upgrade, but swap parts we already have in the pre-game launch window before we actually join the fighting, while we're waiting on the countdown and the admirals are giving their speeches.

What matchmaking? When I'm on a team where all of my allies have 5 mastered ships and my enemies are all F2P with only 2 ships and almost no upgrades, where is the matchmaking?

BioWare needs to make up their minds. Either we need real matchmaking or we need to be allowed to change our setup pre-game.

Wont happen. Matchmaking takes into account the components you have equipped. Which is why you cant change buy etc when in queue.

Which is a ridiculous system that shouldn't be in place. That's like taking into account your gear when you queue for a warzone. It doesn't happen there, why should it happen here?

Matchmaking seems to have been working for me, the last few days on the Progenitor.

Genuinely curious, at what times of the day do you play? I'm on the Progenitor too, and I see roughly one (more or less) balanced match out of ten. The rest is complete roflstomping (but to be fair, Republic/Empire won ratio is close to 50/50 in these matches).

Edited by Danylia

I believe limiting you to five ships, and effectively five "builds", active at any given time is a conscious decision. It's intended to make you be selective in your strategy and selection, and is an important part of the meta game. As you get more options unlocked you are forced to make choices.

Are rocket pods more important to you or sabotage probe? That's part of the game,

Eventually there will be second version of each ship, and you'll be able to take both in and pick the one you want, but that will force you to give up another ship, so it's okay too.

For those reasons, I would be opposed to post-pop gear changes. Five builds is plenty.