The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New Animations

Sheike

It would be cool to be able to buy new animations for different abilities.

For example: Create a new kata animation for Master Strike, it would still function precisely the same, but it would look different. This could be done for loads of other abilities and would keep the gameplay fresh and fun.

Not to mention; new animations would actually sell quite a lot.

And if you really wanted to be awesome about it, have places set up for players to go to learn their new moves, like the Jedi Temple on Tython for Republic force sensitive characters, the Sith Academy for Imperial force sensitive characters, etc.

Adding my voice to this thread as well, i totally agree. It would be nice for us to be able to choose an animation, and form a unique fighting style that suits our gameplay and character.

For example, i love Blade Storm, but i hate Force Scream. I would love to be able to see my Sith waving the lightsaber instead of screaming like a mad dog.

I want stasis gone and replaced with choke, also the stupid Impale on Jugg needs to be replaced with Overhead Slash.

Erm, actually i'm the other way around on this.. I love Impale and i really don't like the Overhead Slash.. :D

To each his own. My idea would have everyone choose what they like.

I like overhead slash over impale because.... well..

No sane warrior on the battlefield will first switch the saber, jjump in the air totally undefended and frigging impale the blade upside down! Makes zero sense.

Overhead is very force-user awesome, so I'd like that.

Anyway, switchingg animations for CC. Superb idea, anyone can have what they want.

Force Lightning using Sages instead of Pebbles anyone? :D

It would be cool to be able to buy new animations for different abilities.

For example: Create a new kata animation for Master Strike, it would still function precisely the same, but it would look different. This could be done for loads of other abilities and would keep the gameplay fresh and fun.

Not to mention; new animations would actually sell quite a lot.

And if you really wanted to be awesome about it, have places set up for players to go to learn their new moves, like the Jedi Temple on Tython for Republic force sensitive characters, the Sith Academy for Imperial force sensitive characters, etc.

^^^ This!! My cartel coins can finally have a new use besides buying the warzone medpack and adrenal pack.:rak_04:

..........& suddenly every sage stopped throwing rocks & started throwing lightning.

but seriously, I would buy the hell out of this.

Yeah, that is a problem from a design point of view I'm sure the devs will not like much...hence my suggestion thread here to provide other alternatives that would distinctively identify sages/shadows here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=718365

But I don't think you can simply mix and match republic and sith animations....the devs have always said that cinematic combat is a big deal in the game, and distinctive animations for each side are part of that...the jedi consular distinction should have NEVER EVER been junk, rocks, and pebbles, like some WoW reject earth shaman, though.

I think alternate anis for players are a good thing though, as is player choice, I just don't think you can reuse animations from one side into the other without some kind of alteration, or you risk losing distinctiveness.