Deathmatch advantage points then parking on Cap ship

mr_sim

So if you get the score advantage in a team deathmatch, you can just park on your capital ship and grab Gunships.

Ummmm broken much?

Yeah you can grab a gunship too but that's just dull gameplay for the most part.

Bioware you might want to look into this.

Yeah, this is extremely hard to counter, especially with the evasion nerf.

Pre-patch, if I really, desperately needed to, I could swoop in on a gunship sitting above his capital ship, get a quick kill, and barrel roll out before dying. It wasn't easy, and it didn't always work, but I could do it.

Now, one of the biggest tools to counter this turtling strategy has been effectively neutralized, and the only counter remaining is to bring gunships to shoot their gunships.

Of course, that's often the only counter to the enemy team having a bunch of gunships -- bring more gunships.

It's just plain degenerative gameplay.

So if you get the score advantage in a team deathmatch, you can just park on your capital ship and grab Gunships.

Ummmm broken much?

Yeah you can grab a gunship too but that's just dull gameplay for the most part.

Bioware you might want to look into this.

That is kind of broken but GS's have been running to there capitol ship ever since I started chasing them. I used the exact tactic that you are talking about but the circumstances forced me to. We where camped right outside of capitol ship gun range and could not get out so I switched to my GS and tried to clear a path sitting on the capitol ship. If we where not trapped i would have other wise been flying about in my sting trying not to get blown up.

'tis a minor problem, yes.

which is my biggest issue with gunships: they're so bloody boring to pilot.

Yeah, this is extremely hard to counter, especially with the evasion nerf.

Pre-patch, if I really, desperately needed to, I could swoop in on a gunship sitting above his capital ship, get a quick kill, and barrel roll out before dying. It wasn't easy, and it didn't always work, but I could do it.

Now, one of the biggest tools to counter this turtling strategy has been effectively neutralized, and the only counter remaining is to bring gunships to shoot their gunships.

Of course, that's often the only counter to the enemy team having a bunch of gunships -- bring more gunships.

It's just plain degenerative gameplay.

Yeah, I loved swooping in, all guns blazing and with distortion field up, then swoop out with the bolts and lasers and rockets and shizzle flying past my ears - it felt so good :D

Sometimes I manage to pull it off now, but... well, it's a rather... daunting task, so to say.

The other issue is the attacker GS needs to both get into position then they need to aim and charge up. The defender is already positioned and possibly got a charge by the time the art let is getting into position. It's not technically impossible but extremely hard.

It's not the same thing either as the 2 months of GS running home on domination maps. In death match the opponents are the objective, in any other mode they are not.

A simple fix on this is like what they have on ground pvp...you cant go back into your spawn. Have the Capitol ship deploy shields so you cant get in and make it so the shields extend far enough that you can get out of your spawn without people being able to spawn camp. That alone will stop A:spawn camping and B:terrified pilots "running home to mama" rather than fighting . A better idea might be once you have left the spawn area if you come back to your capitol ship it reports that they are having a IFF targeting issue and you need to pull back as the automated defense cannons will target you. If you continue you get shot by your own spawn. Edited by Ravenschild
spelling error

A simple fix on this is like what they have on ground pvp...you cant go back into your spawn. Have the Capitol ship deploy shields so you cant get in and make it so the shields extend far enough that you can get out of your spawn without people being able to spawn camp. That alone will stop A:spawn camping and B:terrified pilots "running home to mama" rather than fighting . A better idea might be once you have left the spawn area if you come back to your capitol ship it reports that they are having a IFF targeting issue and you need to pull back as the automated defense cannons will target you. If you continue you get shot by your own spawn.

I was asking for this when gunships would do it on "B" for Shipyards Domination... but *now* all the sudden it is affecting the outcome? Hrmmmm...

I was asking for this when gunships would do it on "B" for Shipyards Domination... but *now* all the sudden it is affecting the outcome? Hrmmmm...

So have I....I still think its cheap and I never said that was for TDM only...you do it across the board. The other thing is allow all of the spawn ships to be launched from regardless of who controls what satellite. That alone will prevent spawn camping with gunships (which I have seen as well)

Simple solution. Give all ships 5-10 seconds at launch to get away from their capital ship. after that it opens fire on you, giving your opponent the point. That would be the best solution. Force people to go out and actually do the deathmatch.