Non-standard resolution sensitivity gamebreaking issue.

SavingPrincess

Just a heads up...

For some reason, GSF seems to be hard-programed to a 16:9 ratio screen resolution, and playing in anything else will screw up your turning sensitivity.

For instance:

I play SWTOR in a 3-screen 5760x1080 resolution. If I try to play GSF in this mode, my pitch (i.e. vertical turning) is completely screwed up due to the way GSF calculates your mouse location in relation to your ship turning. I have to switch my resolution to a single-screen 16:9 in order for my ship to control properly (this is incredibly annoying).

In 5760x1080, everything visually looks perfect, however when your mouse is moved 20% of the vertical distance between the center of your screen and the edge of your targeting circle, the ship goes into 100% vertical turning. This makes it impossible to aim.

If you want to test this out yourself on a single monitor, just put the game in windowed mode, stretch it out to any 16:3 aspect ratio (i.e. 1920x360) and enter the GSF tutorial (click the "?" in the top right of the hanger). now try to target something... fun right?

I hope this gets fixed but if this is hard coded this way, it might not happen because only a very small subset of players play in 16:3 aspect ratios, etc.

Edited by SavingPrincess
Spelling