The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Looking for LGBT accepting guild on Harbinger

lokipup

Hey, I'm subbed player looking for a guild to join. New to the game, 18 Sorc atm, and I'm an artificer. Gay and I like to chat, so since it'd come out at some point I'd rather join a guild where harassment for that isn't acceptable. 29 y/o, mature, silly guy who likes to have fun and blast things.

Ultimately individuals in a guild decide the quality of a guild and how they act regardless of rules or anything else. While you are leveling and doing flashpoints of the guilds that have nice people in them. My religious affiliation is is made fun of a lot and I even see it happen in general chat but I never see it within my guild. The only real way to find understanding people and make friends is to interact with a lot of people.

Hey, I'm subbed player looking for a guild to join. New to the game, 18 Sorc atm, and I'm an artificer. Gay and I like to chat, so since it'd come out at some point I'd rather join a guild where harassment for that isn't acceptable. 29 y/o, mature, silly guy who likes to have fun and blast things.

You know, I've never asked if my guild is LGBT acceptable. I assume it is.

Even though I'm a rather heteronormative man myself, I wish you luck in finding a kick-*** guild!

EDIT: To both the above posters, is that kind of harassment (religion / LGBT) common? I haven't really noticed that form of harassment on my server... there is harassment... but the immature stupid stuff...

- Arcada

Edited by Nydus

• 3 weeks later...
You know, I've never asked if my guild is LGBT acceptable. I assume it is.

Even though I'm a rather heteronormative man myself, I wish you luck in finding a kick-*** guild!

EDIT: To both the above posters, is that kind of harassment (religion / LGBT) common? I haven't really noticed that form of harassment on my server... there is harassment... but the immature stupid stuff...

- Arcada

I'm not them, but in gen chat it is, especially on lower level planets. I swear I blocked half of alderaan once because people were slamming Christians/Christianity. I have yet to see any of that in a guild I've been in, but I'm sure it varies (and honestly, 99% of the time it's just a good idea to avoid religion anyway).

As far as a guild that's actually vocal about that, there's Tranquility, though they're on Jedi Covenant and I honestly don't know much else about them. Many don't allow discrimination though.

Im curious to know why you feel like bringing up the fact your LGBT because its best to avoid talking about stuff like this and religion in the first place. I doubt anyone would care to know about it because if you joined TOR to "talk" that is your own deal but this place does not seem like a place to do any of this. Just have fun with your friends, irl or in game, and play the game. :)

I'm on The Bastion server, and know that several of my guildies identify as LGBT. I've never seen anyone be anything but accepting and kind toward them. Of course in any large guild you may find bad apples, but people seem not to mind at all. I know this probably doesn't help you as you're on a different server, but just want to encourage you to keep looking. You'll find a decent place sooner or later, and if you dont, hop on over to The Bastion and pm me and ill invite ya!