Heroic Weekly

scarlet_magpie

Some of the heroic missions in this game are absolutely fantastic (Friends of old and Sith spawn to name but 2 just on DK!) but once past that planet, don't get revisited at all which seems a bit of a waste. Especially as a lot of players powerlevelling will be overgeared through FP's and PVP so will skirt right around them.

How about we have a weekly which is to complete X amount of weeklies on random planets which rewards something relevant (20 plan comms for 20-49, 10 basic comms for 50-55, 10 elite for 55 for example).

This can scale simply with the amount you need to do as obviously the amount of worlds (and therefore heroics) available increases as you go and the travel costs increase.

This weekly would ONLY work if there was NO auto-queue option, and the idea is to encourage players to go back and revisit some of these fabulous worlds again and make it worthwhile. Bear in mind all the original HC rewards will still be given as well as the weekly reward, so any player who completes a weekly which requires 4 heroics to be completed on 2 worlds will also recieve 12 planetary comms .

Just an idea for something optional that may be fun that would take a tiny amount of developer input to implement.

Something that might be relevant for this idea: I think I've seen some ideas on here at some point about tweaking all the leveling planet heroics to scale up for higher level characters (could be scaling up to the highest level in the group like bounty / rakghoul event spawns, or it could be a bolster effect inside instances). It's that or the idea about adding a slider that lets players scale themselves down to the stats of an appropriate level for the content, but the content scaling mechanics are already in the game for specific purposes anyway so it would be easier to use those. Whichever way they do it though, this would allow them to be about as challenging at higher levels as they were meant to be for the appropriate level.

So with heroic instances retooled to be bolstered for all players (like the new flashpoint) and with heroics that aren't instanced being retooled to include scaling spawns wherever possible (like the events), that alone would go a long way towards making it easier to find groups for them. Like in the new flashpoint, high levels could mix with low levels without screwing up xp gains for the low levels.

Then we get into your idea. From the way you described it I'm guessing that you probably meant to model it after the GSI weekly where it doesn't matter which missions you complete, it just matters that you rack up a certain number of them. My suggestion would go in a different direction though. I would say to model it after the Voss weekly and Voss reputation. Give almost every planet its own weekly mission to pick up which directs you towards most (if not all) of the heroic missions on that planet.

My initial thought is to suggest a new reputation category for every planet, but if that's too much they might consider grouping them by which section of the galaxy map the planets are located in. Either way, the reputation and the weeklies draw in some more attention so that more players will look into doing the heroic missions.