My Thoughts on Kill Stealing in GSF

thespis

OP: I rather enjoy the teamwork aspect that comes from a joint effort to take down a target.

With that said, if a bomber's mine gets a kill or assist, to me its all good. Mines have a short range which means you have to play smart when placing them. Not sure if this is how it works at the moment, but I think mines should be invisible to enemies when they are placed behind obstacles or they should at the very least have an upgrade that allows this. It would create more interesting and engaging play.

Drones, however, are completely different story because it takes zero effort to place a drone at random that can rack up kills and assists with its 5-10k range. Even in ground PVE you have to use your drones (Companions) wisely and they are limited to attacking targets that you actively engage. Unfortunately this is not the case in GSF but like I said, maybe Bombers were designed this way for future PVE content...in that case it makes some sense.

Video of Bomber getting 10 kills 11 Assists:

Edit: Apologies wrong thread.

Edited by Kaivers

Seems like there are many who like to just run around targeting the almost dead enemy and picking them off at the last second. It doesn't matter to them that someone may have been working that target for a long time. It doesn't matter that someone else deserves the kill; they just want to take it for themselves. I've also noticed that the people who are regular kill stealers REVEL in the fact that they get great numbers off the work of someone else. They'll be the first ones to say, "It doesn't matter WHO gets the kill. The team still wins." To that, I say this:

Let's say we're playing football - I'm the QB and you're a WR. The ball is snapped. I'm looking to throw it to someone. I see you down field and throw the ball. YOU CAUGHT IT BEAUTIFULLY! Now you're running your butt off, dodging defenders who are doing their best to crush you and bring you down. You get ONE YARD away from the goal line and ANOTHER TEAMMATE OF YOURS snatches the ball out of your hands and gets the touchdown.

How badly would you be kicking the crap out of your teammate in the locker room?

It does matter. People who work hard should get the spoils of their labor. Not have it taken away from them by someone too lazy to get their own kills.

I see Gabirel has taken his ************ to the forums now...

Let me begin by saying I love GSF, but suck hard at it... worst player ever... maybe not the worst, but I suck, still learning.

If I am (clumsily) chasing a target for like 5 minutes trying to take him/her down and a teammate comes along and "steals" my kill... I just move on to the next one and silently thank the guy/girl that helped. (if I take the time to type "ty" I WILL get killed) What do I care if someone else gets the kill point? I was still having fun.

OP, you are too serious about this G-A-M-E. J/S.

...this...

Yeeah, I don't think kill steals apply for GSF. Even though I admit somehow purposefully shooting the single killing pod on an enemy clearly dominated and soon to be killed by my teammate a couple of times. Always followed by a sorry in chat.

But when I am shooting someone and the ship explodes, I go "nice, TAB" and don't care who got the kill. Sometimes, when the two ship newbie gets it I am twice as happy because I got the contribution and he got the encouragement he needs.

So, shut up with kill steals and shoot more things. Geez.

the only good enemy is a dead enemy.

who cares how they die?

so long as they die and, at some point, you landed a damaging shot or two on them.

look at total damage output if you want an e-peen measuring stick.

kills/deaths ratios are only meaningful in 1v1 game modes. they are disingenuous and, frankly, useless in any team or objective based format.

the only good enemy is a dead enemy.

who cares how they die?

so long as they die and, at some point, you landed a damaging shot or two on them.

look at total damage output if you want an e-peen measuring stick.

kills/deaths ratios are only meaningful in 1v1 game modes. they are disingenuous and, frankly, useless in any team or objective based format.

^

Quoted

for

Truth!