Component changes at respawn, please.

dancezwithnubz

it would be very helpful if we could swap components during the re-spawn timer.

i 99% fly a blackbolt and not being able to switch my System in-game means I'm taking a huge gamble before the match starts choosing my loadout.

there are times when the makeup of the match means I want Booster Recharge, other times i'll want EMP field and then there's those times I'd like Targeting Telemetry.

i mean, we're back on a capital ship to respawn? why not be able to swap components around during the respawn timer? or allow me to buy a second Blackbolt for my Active Ships list so I can have the ship I like with access to multiple loadouts.

(for everyone about to yell: "omg nub, you can get an Ocula & Sting...." i respond: I already own both those ships. i much prefer blackbolts over stings. i don't care if you don't)

I think as the game evolves and we get more components we need some way to change our load-outs. Rather than letting us open the load-out page I would like to see something similar to the way rune pages/masteries work in League of Legends. You can create a bunch of different combinations and save them. Then at launch you can chose the premade load-out you want. If you let people open the whole component screen I could see people spending much of the match tinkering with their ship instead of helping the team.

Rather than letting us open the load-out page I would like to see something similar to the way rune pages/masteries work in League of Legends. You can create a bunch of different combinations and save them. Then at launch you can chose the premade load-out you want.

that would work too.

just something so i don't get stuck with regen thrusters/EMP field in a game where i 'need' Speed/Booster Recharge.

... or allow me to buy a second Blackbolt for my Active Ships list so I can have the ship I like with access to multiple loadouts...

^^^ This

Also, it is a way to passively extend the game since this will require more ship requisition.

Or maybe you should try flying and leveling a different ship. You have 5 readied ship slots--use them.

That being said, I'm okay with the idea of being able to save multiple instances of the same ship and putting those different configurations in your readied ships stable.

But no, I do not think you should be able to randomly change components on the fly. There needs to be some level of commitment to a build for those choices to mean something.

Edited by Nemarus