The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Imperial Propaganda Poster

Beniboybling

Odd that Vader isn't shown...but then again...Vader.

Anyway...looks good and hopefully if judging by the posters. We see lots of Empire stuff.

Anywhoo...the posters look nice!

Yeah, I guess this means the focus is going to be on the Inquisitor as the main bad guy.

But then there is always this one, though I'm not sure if its official.

Altogether I've always been a massive fan of these propaganda posters, I love how they give it a WW vibe.

Odd that Vader isn't shown...but then again...Vader.

Hmmm...

I'd argue not really, considering that Palpatine portrays the Jedi Order as evil and doesn't exactly come out of the closet to the populace as "hey, I'm a Sith Lord" (I don't remember any imperial referring to the "Sith"). Vader is even treated with disdain by mid-level officers in A New Hope.

I think what he is to us, the audience, is different from how he is perceived and portrayed to the Imperial population in those movies, at least at first.

I've always pictured him as being a mysterious figure to the population, the "last of religious cult" who is allowed to live because he was the only one who didn't "betray" the republic. A commander on a top secret military installation (the Death Star) doesn't even appreciate his powers and taunts him about this.

I think the Emperor keeps him on the DL, really. He is sort of a secret weapon he pulls out when he needs a troubleshooter.

- Arcada

Edited by Nydus

Hmmm...

I'd argue not really, considering that Palpatine portrays the Jedi Order as evil and doesn't exactly come out of the closet to the populace as "hey, I'm a Sith Lord" (I don't remember any imperial referring to the "Sith"). Vader is even treated with disdain by mid-level officers in A New Hope.

I think what he is to us, the audience, is different from how he is perceived and portrayed to the Imperial population in those movies, at least at first.

I've always pictured him as being a mysterious figure to the population, the "last of religious cult" who is allowed to live because he was the only one who didn't "betray" the republic. A commander on a top secret military installation (the Death Star) doesn't even appreciate his powers and taunts him about this.

I think the Emperor keeps him on the DL, really. He is sort of a secret weapon he pulls out when he needs a troubleshooter.

- Arcada

Not really a mysterious figure, ya Motti taunted him...but Motti was ignorant. He's not really a secret weapon either as Vader has done many campagins throughout the GCW, he was known.

But then again I guess having a recruitment poster of a ruthless leader wouldn't exactly entice anyone to join.

Hmmm...

- Arcada

One of the things I'm interested to see is how Vader and Palpatine are perceived by the masses, and Imperial culture in general. But I expect they would have him idolized as a hero is some function.

Not really a mysterious figure, ya Motti taunted him...but Motti was ignorant. He's not really a secret weapon either as Vader has done many campagins throughout the GCW, he was known.

Perhaps not mysterious, but consider also the Moff's attitude towards Vader; not exactly servitude ("enough!"). It makes one think -- at the time at least -- that Vader is not exactly considered "2nd in line to the throne", but a Jedi that the Emperor has allowed to live...

One of the things I'm interested to see is how Vader and Palpatine are perceived by the masses, and Imperial culture in general. But I expect they would have him idolized as a hero is some function.

I'm not really into the EU surrounding the original movies so I don't really have a point of reference besides the movies. He appears to be feared more than loved, but we have no idea what the average imperial citizens would think. All I know is that the Jedi Order is demonized for treason, and Palpatine "spares" Vader as he was the only Jedi "unware of this plot", if I'm remembering the words correctly.

Palpatine never declares a "Sith Empire" and as far as I know the public has no idea that he is even force sensitive. They know Vader is, but when we first see him this is disparaged and he is ordered to stop when he makes a demonstration... If Motti is just an idiot, I'm not sure why he is in a position of influence on top secret pet project of the Emperor.

- Arcada

Edited by Nydus