2.6 Broken, Nothing more than a 2 sec loading screen

dacentabaal

I downloaded the patch.. after a long 2.5 hours, get past the launcher.. and that's it, the loading icon on the Starfighter game screen spins for about 2 seconds.. then my game becomes unresponsive...

....I delete my files and insert my backup.....download the patch again (only 15 mins this time).. still the same...

...I delete the whole game fully off my HDD.. painstakingly download the WHOLE game and ALL updates again....aaaand still the same thing. I know I'm not alone cause there's other topics on this.

I guess it had to happen to me sooner or later, since day one I've never ran into bugs/problems etc that players have always stated they had...now after 2 years it seems it caught me.

I just wanna play my game :'-(

Just n update.. games working now... it cost me £45 but its working, basically my Norton Internet Security expired 2 days ago.. So I thought at a last ditch effort since I had done everything else to try and run the game, I brought a renewal for another year and ran Norton's update. it completed.. I started up game and voila.. works... haven't a clue what Norton had to do with making the game work though