Help me buy my next ship.

YamianGodlike

Hail and well met.

With the bombers and gunships out, I would like to expand my fleet a bit. I am sitting on almost 6k fleet req so I can either get Rampart and Quarrel or or Comet Breaker or Warcarrier (I don't like the look of this one though). So the question is, obviously, what should I get?

Are Comet Breaker and Warcarrier worth the extra 2500 freq? Are the Cartel ships worth the coins? If anyone could share some experience I would really appreciate it.

Hail and well met.

With the bombers and gunships out, I would like to expand my fleet a bit. I am sitting on almost 6k fleet req so I can either get Rampart and Quarrel or or Comet Breaker or Warcarrier (I don't like the look of this one though). So the question is, obviously, what should I get?

Are Comet Breaker and Warcarrier worth the extra 2500 freq? Are the Cartel ships worth the coins? If anyone could share some experience I would really appreciate it.

The Comet Breaker is considered by many to be very poorly designed. Its components, rather than being complimentary to each other, are instead contradictory. Is it supposed to fight at railgun range (15km), torpedo range (10km) or heavy laser range (7k)? Additionally, it lacks the very useful and powerful Ion Railgun and the best short-range weapon in the game, Burst Laser Cannons. It has a Capacitor that doesn't even buff its main weapon--the railgun. Essentially, it's a trap for less skilled players to fall into.

In other words--do not get it. If you want a Gunship, get the Quarrel for sure. It has everything you need to dominate at long and short range, and the Ion Railgun is key for dealing with the new Bombers and their pets.

As for Republic Bombers, I am actually starting to believe that the Minelayer variation (Rampart) is stronger than the Dronecarrier, because of mines' shorter cooldown and the ability to equip Hyperspace Beacon, a placeable spawn point. Unfortunately, on the Republic side, both Bombers look absolutely ridiculous, and the Cartel Option (Firehauler) is a Dronecarrier variety.

So in short, I'd get a Quarrel and (if you can stomach the appearance) a Rampart.

Note, however, that while Bombers and Gunships are essential for Domination, flying either of them in Team Deathmatch is very risky. You'll make yourself an instant target, and you have very few options for escape.

Edited by Nemarus

Comet breaker is bad, don't waste your time on it. Both bombers seem equally viable right now (which is to say, they both make nearly impregnable fortresses until the other team figures out how EMP works). The Rampart gets hyperspace beacons, though, which is a big plus in my opinion.

Cartel ships are each functionally identical to a specific non-cartel ship, but they get the +10% req bonus from the start (as opposed to after fully upgrading one component per slot).

Definitely buy the Quarrel- that ship is baller. Alternatively, buy it from the cartel market (Redeemer).

The Comet Breaker is not as bad as the haters say, but it IS the weakest of the four ships you list.

I can't tell with the bombers what the winner is, if you can only have one. I would say that the drone layer is likely going to be a bit more sought after.

Cartel ships... it's hard to say if it's "worth it" because it's a graphical thing and it costs money. Do you hate the looks? Not worth it. Love the looks? Worth it, unless the cost in dollars in burdensome, then not worth it. Etc. Only you can answer that question!