The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Tactics dps stats

DevinMace

I'm creating my gear for pvp and I have a hard time figuring out what stats are most important. Obviously aim and endurance are important, but the next in line I'm not sure about I tend to think Power-crit-surge in that order. However I can see how Crit could easily be ahead of power as well.

I think I can also make a case of surge ahead of crit rating in that I use Combat Tactics and that other ability that increased crit chance by 25% whenever available. I would love to hear some opinions from more experienced players.

I'm creating my gear for pvp and I have a hard time figuring out what stats are most important. Obviously aim and endurance are important, but the next in line I'm not sure about I tend to think Power-crit-surge in that order. However I can see how Crit could easily be ahead of power as well.

I think I can also make a case of surge ahead of crit rating in that I use Combat Tactics and that other ability that increased crit chance by 25% whenever available. I would love to hear some opinions from more experienced players.

Well for PvE, Optimal DPS is achieved with 0 crit rating due to the 100% crit rate on High Impact Bolt. However, in PvP im not so sure. Maybe get enough crit so stockstrike has a 33.4% crit rate (AKA 18.4% buffed), as that averages out 1 in 3 stockstrikes crit. Thats what I'd go for.

so I assume your a big surge or power fan?

Well, surge and power are almost always the best. Alacrity screws with procs and cooldowns, accuracy has minimal use in PvP (If you need accuracy, 1 implant usually does it), and every point in crit reduces your power AND the diminishing returns are more obvious there.

I do augment with reflex ones though.